The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Official Troll
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chris, the moment you mentioned to me that your fogs were hooked up to a relay thats hooked onto your driving lights, it got the bells and whistles ringing......

short story: I have the factory fogs on my '01 SE. The only time I can have the fogs on is when the low beams are on. The fogs go off when I use high beam or just the driving light.

So my factory fogs must have a relay hooked to the low beams.

I don't want to run a separate switch. I want to be able to use the existing on/off switch on the blinker stalk. I don't want to run a separate/new power connection from the battery to the fogs.

I want to locate the fog relay thats hooked to the low beam. Where is it? I want to detach the fog wiring from that and run that through a new relay hooked to the driving lights.

Anyone has the wiring diagram for the factory fogs?

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
couldn't see it off hand, but the relay box on the left side facing in has the fog relay.. its the last relay box all by itself in the cluster.. as for the rest, you have to wait til weekend from me since work computer is down and I've no time to scan the pics.

·
Official Troll
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys... i'll do some poking around on my own in the meantime

·
Official Troll
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
victor,
Did you get a chance to scan the pics from the factory service manual?

thanks

·
10,373 Posts
Good idea flare!! Good luckw ith it! Write up a nice detailed writeup of it if you get it working. I'm sure alot of peeps on here would want to do it.

·
Official Troll
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
holy moly.... thanks victor.

Now I got to make sense of the diagram :D

Chris, I hope I can get this done. I would really like to have it seem like the fogs came from the factory with it being independent of the headlights.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
flarearrow said:
holy moly.... thanks victor.

Now I got to make sense of the diagram :D

Chris, I hope I can get this done. I would really like to have it seem like the fogs came from the factory with it being independent of the headlights.
now you get a taste of the NSM.. :D

Next to each item in the EL-61 page (wiring), there are numbers in Ovals.. the fogs are E6, the relay is EXX, etc... look in the relay location pages, and look for the corresponding numbers. That is the location. Also, the front Relay (E25) has numbers 1,2,3,5. Look in the bottom of the wiring and you will see in the relay how the relay contacts are arrainged (in a cross). Then in page EL-238, you see where the relay is, in this case the relay box located on the left side of the interior engine bay.

Hope that helps abit.... any questions, let me know.

·
Official Troll
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm looking at page EL-61, and I think I know what to do. But actually accomplishing it maybe another story.

I can see that the only way for the electricity to pass through the relay E25, the switch E56 must be in the loew beam position. I think I need to disconnect the wire from LOW an hook it into 1ST on E56.

On paper it looks good. But it might not work out in reality.

·
10,373 Posts
Ah man, it would be sooo much simplier to just cut the wires and re-wire them to either the driving lights or to a relay to the driving lights. I wouldn't have the patience to fuss with all that crap, hehe.

·
Official Troll
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Chris said:
.....I wouldn't have the patience to fuss with all that crap, hehe.
hahahaha.

Like I said before, I want to make it look like it came from the factory with the fogs running independent.

edit:
victor, you wouldn't happen to have a close up picture of that E56 swtich???

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
flarearrow said:

edit:
victor, you wouldn't happen to have a close up picture of that E56 swtich???
maybe... That request wouldn't be completed until next week at the earliest.

·
10,373 Posts
Well uh, mine DO look factory. The only thign extra is a relay sitting on the very right hand side of the engine bay. And if i wanted to, i could have put the relay in the relay box. But again, why bother? Good luck anyways.

·
Official Troll
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks guys.

victor, no rush. I'm not going to be doing anything on the car this weekend.

My long time neighbor and friend (for 20+ years) will be moving to Port St. Lucy (sp?) next week. We're going to be partying this weekend :D

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
flarearrow said:
thanks guys.

victor, no rush. I'm not going to be doing anything on the car this weekend.

My long time neighbor and friend (for 20+ years) will be moving to Port St. Lucy (sp?) next week. We're going to be partying this weekend :D
Port St. Lucie.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.