The Nissan Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Some assembly REQUIRED!
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I know BeeCee made a thread for adding fogs to 2nd gens already http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/general-nissan-altima-discussion-1993-2001/292982-2nd-gen-headlight-hid-oem-fog-hid-install-guide.html. But this is for those that are pre-wired..

The first thing you need to determine, is the fact that your car is pre-wired.
The fog harnesses are found taped up under the headlights;

Now, you can start the install. Items you'll need; fogs, headlight/turnsignal/fog stalk, fog relay, and a 15a fuse.

B already told you how to remove the bumper, but here's a couple pics to help.
One thing my car had that his didn't, was 2 of the biggest pita push tabs in the lower grill area. pins;

Also you have to remove the 2 push pins on the upper grill(blue) and the 3 10mm bolts(red)

Here's a couple to show the bolt on the sides;

After that, taking off the bumper should be easy. But make sure you remove the headlights first*.

After you've removed the bumper, remove the bumper beam. The 2 bolts on the beam can be taken off with a 9/16 wrench.

Then mount the fogs to these two pre-drilled holes

·
Some assembly REQUIRED!
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
After you've mounted the fogs, you can put the bumper beam back on. Then attach the foglight harnesses to the bulbs. If you are going to add hids, here is a spot you might want to consider

Next, you have to make holes for the fogs in the bumper. You can literally do this with a box cutter.

One thing that bothered me when I pulled off the bumper, was the foam piece between the bumper and beam. I thought that it would have atleast been taped or glued, but it surely wasn't. It's bad enough it's only an inch or so thick.

But anyway, after you've finished cuting the holes, you can reinstall the bumper.

Then the headlights.

Now, for the fun part of being pre-wired,:). Before you start this part, you definitely want to make sure your battery cables are disconnected.
First remove the 4 screws on the steering column;

Next remove the ring around the ignition, it pops right off. Then separate the steering column. Here's what you should see, the fog harness here should be taped as well

Then disconnect the original headlight/turn signal stalk harnesses. And unscrew the 2 phillips screws securing the stalk.

·
Some assembly REQUIRED!
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a comparison of the 2 stalks;
Circled in black is the harness for the fogs.

Next, insert the harnesses prior to repositioning the stalk(much easier that way). Then secure the stalk with the screws. Installed pic;

Then put the steering column back together and secure it with the 4 scews. Then snap the ring for the ignition in place and you are done with the stalk.

The next thing to add is the fog relay, if you haven't already. Locate the relay box(passenger side) and remove the cover.

Here's what you should see, the only relay missing being the fog relay. And as I've said before I got this relay from a 97 se and it fits perfectly.

The last thing you need in order for the fogs to work is a 15a fuse. The fuse goes into the 3 position from the top. My car didn't have fogs from the factory, but the 15a fuse was already there, so wtf:dunno:.

But anyway, now you have factory fogs, the right way.:). Thanks to JayJay for hook it up with that fog install guide from courtesyparts. And Glenn14. And of course BeeCee, for inspiring me to get off my ass and get on this project. Sad to say it but I don't have the 2nd gen anymore.:sad: But, here was the final product,

·
Some assembly REQUIRED!
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ps dont hate on my sister's little mermaid sleeping bag, that thing is comfy:wall:

·
Retired 2nd Gen'er.
5,476 Posts
Great write-up. Definitely a good job, it came out really good. Thanks for the shouts too, glad I could inspire you, I tried lol.

BUT, I CANNOT believe you got rid of the 2nd Gen. I'm am so disappointed .

Oh and uh, Love the Little Mermaid sleeping bag, haha.

·
Some assembly REQUIRED!
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh man, relax. You know I still have the 1st gen. That counts too.
Looks awesome, sorry you got rid of it

and you didn't even list the foglights in the cars.com ad, lol.
Thank you sir. But the cars.com ad is from the dealership where I traded it. I figure they just use a generic description they have for every car, lol.

I just realized that I didn't even put 30,000 miles on the car in over 4 years. When I got it it had 48xxx mi. But I just wanted something "new".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.