The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up? I was just wondering if anyone had their headunit, amp, and subs hooked up while using the factory speakers in a 94 altima. B/c I bought everything except for new front and rear speakers. Is that going to sound crappy with factory speakers in there? I was just asking b/c i only have enough money now to buy a muffler or the front and rear rockford speakers. PLease help me out and tell me what i should go for.(Muffler or speakers)THanks

CJ

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
I still have my factory rears in.. I just faded my deck +7 to the front so they stay below distortion levels..

·
Registered
272 Posts
I think at first you will be ok. However, as time goes on, you will be able to tell that the stock speakers can't really produce enough midbase to your liking. Usually what happens is people by the subs first because they want that deep pounding while their driving down the road. Over time though, most people realize that the bass is only half of what you need, and I haven't seen too many Altima stock speakers out there that can handle GENUINE midbase and tweet sound reproduction. You'll probably eventually need a second amp for your front and rear stage mids and highs, having a separate amp for just the sub or subs..., but again in the beginning, it should be enough. Like the previous post, just fade to the front more, and cut down on the base on the head unit. Let the amp do the punch for the sub. Just crank up that gain!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey I just my headunit installed today and i sounds good for now with the factory speakers. I'm gonna go with the muffler now and the new speakers down the road. Thanks a lot for helping me out!

CJ

·
Registered
179 Posts
I would say based on my experience

-if you change the headunit only you can get away with the stock speaks (in the 2nd gen I beleive they are 35Watt Max and 15Watt RMS)

-if you change the speaks to something that requires more than 15WRMS then they will sound tinny (that's what happens to me). I changed my speaks to something that works 45RMS with 200Max and it sounded terrible expect at low volume

-so I got an amp just for the four speaks

- no money now so no subwoofer and amp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts