The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think the center dash would look ok painted silver even though I have the factory wood grain? Or is there a woodgrain dash kit that looks like the darker woodgrain from factory?
Thanks
Yotaru

·
GIVE IN TO THE DARK SIDE
776 Posts
I'm painting the entire center console plus all the little parts by the door switches, gauge cluster, and the parts around the shift boot factory satin white allready taped some white paper on the center console for a few days to check the glare its not that bad I would think silver would be the same ask "Tweakers" I think his is silver.

Jedi.

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
i painted all of my interior silver. Looked alright but i got a hold of some of the 03 dash pieces and put them in....now, i'm gonna get the rest of the pieces painted professionally and color-matched to the 03 dash pieces.

·
Snows of Mauna Kea
103 Posts
Tried the Veneerz OEM woodgrain kit for my '02 3.5. It did not match the factory wood grain - was too light. They claim I was the only one who had complained. Wanted to order aluminum trim for instrument panel. They said they would give me one - been waiting since 9/02. Get a sample before ordering.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So are the 2003s eqipped with better dashes? If so what are the differences between the 02 and 03 dash?

And what month road and track did they have the compro with the altima?

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
yes the dash pieces are different...the entire middle console is different...the shifter piece, the climate control piece, the vent and top piece( the top is padded unlike the smooth one of the 02's), the cupholder unit is also padded(unlike the smooth one of the 02's) and of course the infamous armrest is different. I was lucky to get my hands on the dash pieces except for the cup holder piece and the armrest.....it is much MUCH nicer than that of the 02's.

·
shift_2 the altimit1
1,217 Posts
I just got done painting my center dash piece, ring around the shifter, cup holder and the parts on the doors where the window and door controls are. I can't see how to get the rings around the gauges off. All painted silver.

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
altimit said:
I just got done painting my center dash piece, ring around the shifter, cup holder and the parts on the doors where the window and door controls are. I can't see how to get the rings around the gauges off. All painted silver.
you can't get the ring around the gauges off...it's all one piece.

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
i know i dont own a 3rd gen, i have a 99, but right at this moment i am painting my woodgrain trim (around the AC controls/CD player and shifter) Black Cherry...its got four coats of paint, just gotta wait for it to fully dry then im gonna put two or three coats of clear coat on it :) it looks nice right now, but not shiny yet!

and my GF has an 03 2.5...the interior is NICE! i remember hearing from 3rd gen guys around here that the 2nd gen interior was made of better quality materials...but the 03 Altys are very nice...i was so jealous! i get to drive it a good bit though...i do wish it were a five speed, but its pretty quick for an auto 4 banger. looks hella nice too! ill have to get pics of mine, my GFs and her friends altimas together...were a gang!

i say, if you wanna paint your stuff, go ahead! im being creative, and painting it Black Cherry (might do my dash too, teh black part around the AC vents and stuff) cuz that will almost complete the look...itll be something new around my town, since no one does anything to altimas! ill be very unique! as long as i dont screw it up! LOL

take it easy guys!

Monki

1 - 12 of 12 Posts