The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All,

This is a really lame request but I cannot afford to get two cars painted right now. My wife has a silver and I have a black Altima. My paint is really starting to look bad on the hood and roof. Her's is showing primer through the silver on the hood and roof.

Side note: What is it with Altima and their paint?

Note that I wash and wax these cars as much as anyone who really wants them to last. I have never used any kind of compound. I mostly used Synthetic Ice until I started using the Black Kit by Turtle Wax.

I saw an older silver Altima where they had some sort of wax that was covering the faded spots. It would only last a couple of months, but it looked pretty good for a while. The guy could not remember the name or where he found it. It reminded me of someone wearing make-up.

I have tried the Turtle Wax colored stuff and even tried one of those Black kits for my car.

Bottom line: Has anyone seen or heard of this "make-up" for cars? With other repairs and new grandkids, I just can't shell out a couple grand for repaints until summer.

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: A few weeks after I posted this I had someone turn right on red in front of me. He thought there was an acceleration lane. Poor old dude was from out of state and felt like a jerk afterwards. I should have been mad, but hey... It could have been my Dad.

Anyway, I ALMOST avoided hitting him buy yanking the wheel left, then right to put the car into a clockwise slide. Just a long scratch and a bit of a dent down the right side. So, I took the insurance check, cashed it, shopped for a body guy that would work a cash deal. So, got it repainted and clear coated for only a couple hundred bucks more than the insurance check. Looks like a new car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts