The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else's door panels fading?

The other I look at my pasenger door panel and I noticed some gray smudges. I tries to wipe them off with water and then with some cleaner. It won't come off. It looks like fingerprints, but they WILL NOT come off. It looks like the door panels are fading. Guess it's time for another trip to the dealer.

BTW: I have a charcoal interior.

·
Beware The Big Fish
160 Posts
I dont have this problem.. do you always park in direct sunlight because the sun will fade plastic parts quick...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, its always parked outside, but lately its been raining only down here. Besides, the dash and parts that are directly exposed to the sunlight are fine. It's fading on the side near the part you grab to shut the door.

http://www.nissantalk.com/registry/showimage.php?imageid=6770&vehicleid=439

That's the back door, and that one isn't fading but the pic is just to show where it's fading.

·
Beware The Big Fish
160 Posts
damn that sucks.. well if its not the sun then maybe something spilled on it and is causing the fading, if not maybe its defective and the dealer will replace it "doubtfull" ....hope it works out for you.........c-ya

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
i dont know if this applies, but its not as much fading as it is the protectants comming off. i notice that when it rains the water takes the vinyl cleaner/portecter off and i get water marks on the inside, only think that helps is more cleaner/portecter

·
Ar Dont Do That
297 Posts
damn thats why i got leather panels...i cant stand shit fading out, tats why i got 15% tint, so the damn south florida sun wouldnt fuk me up

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
premierdrumm3r said:
damn thats why i got leather panels...i cant stand shit fading out, tats why i got 15% tint, so the damn south florida sun wouldnt fuk me up
Sorry, I couldn't afford leather (broke a$$ college student). Besides, its the plastic thats fading, not the cloth part. I don't think its the sun that's causing it; it looks like oily figerprints that just will not come off no matter how hard I try. I can cover them up with some type of shiner like Armor All Wipes (but I don't like to use that on the interior of my car), but a few days later, the fading returns.

·
Ar Dont Do That
297 Posts
bring it to the dealer, to risk puting armor all on the interior, i hate that stuff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts