The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
of course, i knew i would...
the good thing is that 450 bucks in emissions related receipts gets me a waiver for the next two years, piece a cake!
and on the form where it indicates yes or no for a cat, they put N/A :D

total hit
14 for the test
15 for the late fee
450 for a waiver

small price to pay for the type of boosting i'm doing :D

·
"In Orbe Terum Non Visi"
874 Posts
Whoa:confused: , $450 for the waiver:eek: I guess you are right if it's a small price to pay:D Good shit Fred. More power to the BH.

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
450 bucks is what MDE (Maryland Dept of the Environment) thinks the average emissions repair cost should be. plugs, pcv valve, egr valve, wires, distrubor, etc...

·
Registered
774 Posts
You know Random makes super hi-flow cats. They're very nearly straight thru. And last time I smogged the supra (which will run really rich) with the random on I passed easily. If you car is well tuned it should last too.

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
greensoup2 said:
You know Random makes super hi-flow cats. They're very nearly straight thru. And last time I smogged the supra (which will run really rich) with the random on I passed easily. If you car is well tuned it should last too.
my 3" custom exhaust was fabricated with installing a cat in the future if needed. i estimated the cost and downtime associated with installing the cat you're speaking about, and it's more than 450 bucks.

:) i already have some receipts dated after the 21st the total in the 200-plus catagory, so 450 isn't to far away to get a waiver until the next emission testing :)

how ironic is this: as illegal as my car is, i'm gonna get this waiver doing it the legal way, go figure....

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not saying they don't, but it was either do the test by the 27th or have my license suspended. didn't have time find out who and where would accept a crisp bejamin or two in my case, lol...

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's exactly why emissions testing, and inspections in general, are such a crock. It's simply a cash cow for the state. Anyone that has a car that is illegal or wont pass will just go somewhere shady and theyre all set. The system sucks.

I actually take my car to another county 50 miles away that doesnt do emissions. Perform a little alteration on the insurance card, and i get away with paying 12 bucks instead of 40. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: hahaha

Brian Passarelli said:
you registered that long ago, only to make this one post?!?!?! ahahahah ahahahahahahah look at his thing hahahahaha
hmm... i didnt think it was that long ago. Not sure why i even registered, i dont even own a nissan. Guess i'm just making the rounds.

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
Yeah NY must be the capital for it. I know about 4 places that will do it offhand. Not every for a benjamin. Inspection cost is 35 i belive right now? Maybe more i think they just raised it.

I have a guy who does it for 85 total. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts