The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I foundout that with the stalling of my car was because of my distributor. It will cost $308(thats including the diagnostics). Is that a fair price? how much would it cost to do it myself? I cna change the parts, i just dont know how much the distrib. price is.

·
My Alti got da last laugh
1,546 Posts
I have a distributor with less than 15,000 miles on it, about a year old. it is for a 93-95 altima. or an altima with external coil. if you have 5 spark plug wires coming out of you sistributor than you can use this one. I will let it go for $75 shipped obo

·
My Alti got da last laugh
1,546 Posts
distributors are over $175 new. and if you can do it yourself not hard. I can walk you throuigh it by phone. you save $$$$

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i am thinkin just getting the mechanic to do it...it was towed lastnight from ym friends dorm parking lot to a near by repair place. They looked at it and it was the distrib.(well sry thats kinda obvious now) so the diagnositcs/labor was $60. so i have to pay the $60 anyways

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
even if you pay 60 just for that it will be much cheaper to do it yourself..... It is upto you.
Many people are very afriad to work on their own cars. I used to be like that till i realised it is not that hard. With somones help or a manual it cam be simple as day. Also before you jump into anything make sure you have the proper tools for the job.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i would have to pay the $60 added onto the towing charges that i would have to do to have it towed back(about a half hour to 40 minute drive away). im not afrad to work on my car at all, i do it all the time. im just doin what would be cheaper and with less hassle, i think the mechanic would be the best choice. but what do others think?

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
thats why i love AAA :) well just have him realease the car.. Get your friend to help push it across the street. Change the distributor and drive it home lol.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
Bah..when it's something so simple and cheap it's better to just save yourself the hasstle and have them change the thing themselves. Plus that way you can hold them accountable if it wasn't the problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts