The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Back by unpopular demand
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just checked my team, i've got me a team, and for each player i can choose to put them on the bench or in thier positions, while some are already on the bench. does anyone wanna explain to me how this works? i'm so damn lost, i've never played fantasy football before.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
You can elect to put a player on the bench by clicking to drop down arrow and selecting "Bench" then "Submit Changes". You can then add another player who plays the same position to the empty spot. This is good for players who are injured or teams who have a bye week. Or if you think one player will perform better than another player at a certain game. That's when the managing comes into play.

·
How now brown cow?
3,865 Posts
G_G_L said:
man, i'm in way other my head here. so i have to follow football in order to succeed in this?
You'd be surprised how much more I pay attention to other games now than before. Not much point in starting a wide receiver on a team that doesn't score much and is playing the #1 or #2 defense that week.

I've seen some people pretty much just set it and forget it, but they don't win much.

·
that was dumb.
2,336 Posts
thajones said:

I've seen some people pretty much just set it and forget it, but they don't win much.

that's what i am gonna have to do. i was at work, and the computer picked my team, but it was some how pretty stacked. and i work every sunday, so i won't pay attention to any of the games.

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
Anyone want to post their teams? Im trying to put together an NFL FF team but having issues picking players as their stats are so close on a few...

·
Registered
178 Posts
QB - Favre/Pennington/Gannon
RB - Tomlinson/Lewis/Davis/Martin
WR - Ward/Mason/Toomer
TE - Shockey/Clark
K - Elam
DEF - St. Louis/Miami
:(

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
My team is ehhh...

QB D. McNabb
WR L. Coles
WR A. Toomer
RB D. McAllister
RB T. Jones
TE T. Heap
WR/RB W. McGahee
BN J. Harrington
BN F. Jones
BN K. Johnson
BN J. Jones
BN P. Warrick
K J. Brown
DEF Dallas
BN NYJ

·
Registered
16 Posts
does anyone know a good fantasy football for beginners, me and a couple of buddies want to get one started but none of us haev doen it before and we dont want to shell out 50 bucks just to get our asses whooped.

·
Wasabi Warrior
1,023 Posts
My Teams

(Free League #2)
Mass Debators

QB: Peyton Manning/Trent Green
RB: Curtis Martin/Deuce Staley/Tatum Bell (who?)
WR: Torry Holt/Santana Moss/Koren Robinson/Keenan McCardell/Drew Bennett
TE: Tony Gonzales
K: Martin Grammatica/John Kasay
D: Raiders/Tennessee

(Money League)
Wasabi Warriors

QB: Chad Pennington/Mark Brunell
RB: Clinton Portis/Lee Suggs/Ron Dayne
WR: Chad Johnson/Charlie Rogers/Joey Galloway/Travis Taylor
TE: Tony Gonzales/Ituli Mili
K: Olindo Mare/Paul Edinger
D: St. Louis/Tennessee

·
Smashing slores
2,419 Posts
Tatum Bell is the rookie RB for the Broncos.

People say he is the most talented RB on the roster but so far he hasn't impressed Shanahan with his work ethic, and he also held out briefly and missed some of camp.

Best case scenario is he is starting after the first month of the season and becomes the enxt Clinton Portis, worst case scenario is he ends up being a bench warmer. Most likely he'll get a few carries, but not enough to be a significant fantasy stater.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts