The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Ex 1st gen owner
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is to stop all the questions since the site seems to be growing more and more and the question is frequently asked:
How do I put 6x9's in my first gen.

6x9's were factory on 93 and 94 GLE trim level Altimas with the factory Bose system.

All first gen altimas have the mounting holes for them.

The GLE has a different back deck, and 2 plastic trim pieces that fit over the factory 6.5 holes on which the 6x9's are bolted to.

If you want 6x9's you need to find a junk GLE, or go to the Nissan dealer and go to the parts department to see if you can get them.

Installation is the same as regular 6.5's

Remove the 2 bolts holding the bottom seat cushion in.

lift the flap connecting to the arm rest there are 2 bolts under it along with 2 bolt holding the back seat cushion on.

remove the seat back

the rear deck pops off, you can either push the plastic tabs from underneath or just pull from the top.

Then just unbolt/unscrew the speakers and add the trim ring and 6x9's.

Any questions just reply to this sticky as I will check it periodically.
Until this thread becomes part of FAQ
Thanks
stealthmode20

·
*Honorary Member* Bass&Style is all U need.
9,646 Posts
You rock!

·
Ex 1st gen owner
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BoriquaRacer said:
SO tha 6x9's jus sit on top of tha trim rings, and theres no cutting involved in this ?
No cutting IF your 6x9's dont have to big of a magnet/frame. The GLE I once did at the shop I work at in VA had to be cut a little on each side so the magnet/frame would fit through the 6.5 hole, but cutting will be minimal if at all.

·
Ex 1st gen owner
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BoriquaRacer said:
SO i can take my 6.5 and stick them in tha doors ? How so ?
Simple, the bolt holes are the same, they will bolt directly into the 6.5 holes, but the plastic trim behind the speaker will need to be cut down a little, a dremel tool will work well for this.

·
Resident Boost Junkie
3,058 Posts
Na , i havent , i been slammed wit writtin papers for my Eng. class.
Ima start soon, i gotta make a couple of phone calls ta my boys to make sure they wanna go, and start thinkin of places to stay.

If i cut holes out big enough so tha speaker fits in there, would that work too ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.