The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Stillen talking to the guy asking when exhaust and grill would come out. He said they couldnt get the grill out because the Stillen Altima has been at the filiming of the fast and the furious. They need the Stillen Altima to fit the grill. I actually now wanna see the movie since I hear there is a bunch of Nissans in it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
G.Andrews said:
some body out there stop by and take them a car to fit it to!
Now thats a brain storm....maybe one
of us here can do that to help the bros....
Although personally, I'm on Altimats list..:)

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
JBL85 said:
I was at Stillen talking to the guy asking when exhaust and grill would come out. He said they couldnt get the grill out because the Stillen Altima has been at the filiming of the fast and the furious. They need the Stillen Altima to fit the grill. I actually now wanna see the movie since I hear there is a bunch of Nissans in it.
I didn't hate on F&F after I saw the 240SX, Skyline, and Maxima being represented... :D

·
I choose you Pickachu!
259 Posts
it was waaayyy too unrealistic and too flashy...i mean i live here in socal and no one in their right mind would sticker up a car and race it...you'd be asking for it if you did...it's a fun movie but in no way did it represent the socal race scene accurately...

they did have more nissans in the first movie though...glad to see that!

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shiznitzzz said:
it was waaayyy too unrealistic and too flashy...i mean i live here in socal and no one in their right mind would sticker up a car and race it...you'd be asking for it if you did...it's a fun movie but in no way did it represent the socal race scene accurately...

they did have more nissans in the first movie though...glad to see that!
I dont know what kinda cars you in see in Tustin, but I see a lot of cars with graphics when I go to the illegals, there are even several cars here in south O.C. that have their cars fully decal'ed. There is a whtie accord V6 and it looks pretty nice with the full graphics.

F&F was pretty fake, cars were sweet though. I liked the fact they had Nissans, but just wish they had more street racing footage. They did a bad job of making a real scene, they need to get those cars on the streets and do some real racing, non of that "my car does a 10 second 1/4" and then have the race last for 3 minutes in a city street of LA

·
werd!
4,192 Posts
My Take:

Good story, bad place. I believe Gone in 60 seconds was enough of a love story. .. I wanted to see a story of friendship. =\ instead it was again "about the girl".

none the less, the actors were pretty good. Too bad VD is not gonna be in #2. =\ I dont know what the scene is in SD since i havent been there is 7 or 8 years. I just wish they wouldnt throw all of that love crap in there.

oh, another thing i hate. 99% of the people i see w/ DVD & LCD Screens are playing that goddamn movie at carshows!

Not hating, just disliking. Hell, I'll admit it! I own the dvd!

·
werd!
4,192 Posts
JBL85 said:

F&F was pretty fake, cars ... then have the race last for 3 minutes in a city street of LA
Blah! heh... i agree. I What was up w/ the laptop!? How many of you guys drive w/ a goddamn lap top and type stuff while driving, let alone racing. I saw something on the news or some site the other day that has a 5" LCD Screen in your steering wheel (Replace the hamburger). Nice concept, but sheesh, the time it takes to take your eyes off of the road, focus on the screen, lock on what you're looking for, and back to the road...

i want a hud.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
djliquidice said:

Blah! heh... i agree. I What was up w/ the laptop!? How many of you guys drive w/ a goddamn lap top and type stuff while driving, let alone racing. I saw something on the news or some site the other day that has a 5" LCD Screen in your steering wheel (Replace the hamburger). Nice concept, but sheesh, the time it takes to take your eyes off of the road, focus on the screen, lock on what you're looking for, and back to the road...

i want a hud.
I drive with a labtop in my car :rolleyes:

Fortunatley its for directions and YES ITS A BIG F'IN distraction.

I shouldnt call it too fake, some of the cars were cool like the Maxima and Skyline. That Automatic S/C maxima burned out like no other in that one scene when that guy was pissed off.

·
werd!
4,192 Posts
JBL85 said:

I drive with a labtop in my car :rolleyes:

Fortunatley its for directions and YES ITS A BIG F'IN distraction.

I shouldnt call it too fake, some of the cars were cool like the Maxima and Skyline. That Automatic S/C maxima burned out like no other in that one scene when that guy was pissed off.
;) I said "and drive while typing" =) ... so dangerous... That's cool though. I want a laptop. But i just bought a 200K+ house and 23K+ Car. Saving for an engagement ring... no more time/money for toys.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
djliquidice said:

;) I said "and drive while typing" =) ... so dangerous... That's cool though. I want a laptop. But i just bought a 200K+ house and 23K+ Car. Saving for an engagement ring... no more time/money for toys.
Congratulations :)
Yeah you have a Nice car, you dont need a labtop, they areant that useful as I discovered after owning one.

·
werd!
4,192 Posts
Thanks... =\ a laptop would be cool to record sets that I could play outside... but... =\ this goddamn job is keeping my weekends tied. oh well... ;) It must be sweet to have online mapping system right there in your car. Nice not to have to pay for GPS.

·
1 large "member"
865 Posts
they should have the alba altima and the stillen altima. just so people can think its a comedy. the alba altima is such a joke. IMO

·
werd!
4,192 Posts
totalycrazy said:
they should have the alba altima and the stillen altima. just so people can think its a comedy. the alba altima is such a joke. IMO
lol. The paint job sux. but the shaved door handles look good.

·
Registered
370 Posts
F & F

Fast and Furious II will be sport'n a
blue '99 Skyline GTR 34, from SoCal...as of
Import Revolution in Anaheim..if things
have not changed...:)

·
I choose you Pickachu!
259 Posts
i just hope that in the next movie, they'd work on the details more...

i mean ya hear BOV noises from those black civics and they don't even have intercoolers!

also, i never thought that you could drive a car 20ft, let alone 20 miles, with damaged pistons...is that possible???

also johnny tran asks for sr20's for the integra and civic in his garage...why not a b18 or an h22 engine...less hastle to mount...

oh, and i love his honda 2000!

why the hell don't the truck drivers just brake and stop and shoot them all??? less exciting? nope...poor writing...

at least the supra in f&f and my car share one thing...our rims...hehehe...

·
werd!
4,192 Posts
Shiznitzzz said:
i just hope that in the next movie, they'd work on the tech more...

i mean ya hear BOV noises from those black civics and they don't even have intercoolers!

also johnny tran asks for sr20's for the integra and civic in his garage...why not a b18 or an h22 engine...less hastle to mount...

oh, and i love his honda 2000!
LOL, 99% of the hollywood movies about 'true things' are fictionalised to fit the story.

Top Gun, Hackers, Days of Thunder are some I can think of. =\

..."Dude i need a handle man..." Psh!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts