The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who in your opinion is or was the fastest RB in the league.

Gale Sayers would get my vote, obviously i never seen him play, but watching film on the guy, like a Turbo Jet shot outta hell.

Neapolen Kauffman was pretty fast too, but retired too early too!

I remember a run by the Bill's RB called Kenneth Davis running through the hole and just BLASTING OFF, it looked as if he was running on AiR!, of course he never got much play because of another bill, Thurman Thomas!

·
efileforzaggin
476 Posts
Bo Jackson, if he would've just played football instead of trying to play baseball as well he could have the one the the best running backs in NFL history.

1,407 Posts
There is a stat about that somewhere. And most of the RB are slower than the WR's.

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
Could be Bo Jackson in the 40 - (4.12 or 4.09, depending where you look)- 6.28 60 - dunno about the 100. Remember Bo Jackson's career was ended by a freak hip injury while being tackled from behind on a long run.

Herschel Walker was a fast sob, though, running on Georgia's track team in the 4x100 relay and 60 yard indoor. 6.15 60, 9.1 100.

·
Registered
658 Posts
u guys are crazy. bo jackson doesnt run a 9.1 in the 100. no one has ever!!! u do realize the world record is 9.79 and a guy from the barbados ran a 9.6x but had like 15 mph wind behind him. bo jackson didnt run a 4.1 either. get off his balls. deangelo hall has the fastest 40 time ever recorded for a football player at 4.15. but guess what...none of these people are the fastest in the league. that belongs to michael bennett. U of wisconsin 100m champion...NCAA division I. not only is he the fastest in the nfl, he's one of the fastest people in the world. he ran a 10 flat in college. only four people going into the olympics had ran sub 10's this year. that should tell u something. and thats with the talent that sprinters have nowadays. in bo jacksons day, hardly anybody broke 10 so dont start with the bullshit about how fast bo jackson was. he was good and had lots of hype but dont give BS numbers about what times he ran. maurice green set the 60m record at 6.39. so lets quit overhyping people and talk realistically.

·
Smashing slores
2,419 Posts
^he's right.

Bennett contemplated going out for the Olympic team this year, but decided to focus on football instead.

Running a 10 flat in the 100m is nothing to sneeze at.

·
I AM LEGEND
10,874 Posts
jr93alty said:
u guys are crazy. bo jackson doesnt run a 9.1 in the 100. no one has ever!!! u do realize the world record is 9.79 and a guy from the barbados ran a 9.6x but had like 15 mph wind behind him. bo jackson didnt run a 4.1 either. get off his balls. deangelo hall has the fastest 40 time ever recorded for a football player at 4.15. but guess what...none of these people are the fastest in the league. that belongs to michael bennett. U of wisconsin 100m champion...NCAA division I. not only is he the fastest in the nfl, he's one of the fastest people in the world. he ran a 10 flat in college. only four people going into the olympics had ran sub 10's this year. that should tell u something. and thats with the talent that sprinters have nowadays. in bo jacksons day, hardly anybody broke 10 so dont start with the bullshit about how fast bo jackson was. he was good and had lots of hype but dont give BS numbers about what times he ran. maurice green set the 60m record at 6.39. so lets quit overhyping people and talk realistically.

Whatever dude.

Bo was the fastest I ever saw do the damn thing.

·
Registered
658 Posts
SLOW KA_ said:
Whatever dude.

Bo was the fastest I ever saw do the damn thing.

When frail M. Bennet can play a full season without getting
injured or hurt,maybe I will call him an actual football player.
wow...that was educated. i never said he was good. i said he is one of the fastest people in the world. bo jackson was not and isnt even close to many of todays speedy wr's and rb's. u never see bennett's speed because he doesnt have the vision or balance to get in the open field. i hate the vikings...dont think i said michael bennett cuz i support him. its an obvious fact. people on forums just like to give biased opinions. im sorry that im not one of them. im a colts fan. so...believe bo jackson is a speed demon if u want but u obviously dont know that the nfl isnt the same nfl it was 10 years ago and world class sprinters arent even the same as they were 10 years ago. carl lewis didnt run a legal sub 9.9 until the 90's...91 to be exact. michael bennett would finish right on his ass. so if u think bo jackson was just as fast as carl lewis then ur crazy. darrell green or deion sanders was the fastest player in the league at the time anyway. bo jackson wasnt even top 5 and thats being nice. i'd say more like top 20. there are lots of people that are incredibly quick that u dont even know about. u obviously didnt know bennett was a world class sprinter...look it up.

·
I AM LEGEND
10,874 Posts
^You can write essay after essay dude,Bo was THE fastest back I ever saw,hands down.I could care less about Micheal Bennet or Michael Jackson,or whatever other names you want to throw out.

How the **** do you rack up a 1000 yard season in only 8-10 games a year.I would like to see ANY back do that.Do you know how he did it asswipe,BIG RUNS.Once he got past the line and DB's,he was gone.It was only a freak of nature that he got hurt.Had he not,Emmit Smith would still be chasing down his records.

Now shut the **** up about stats,I never said he could keep up with Carl Lewis you little fucktard,I just said he was the fastest I ever saw.I could care less about some loser RB on the Vikings who isnt known past Minnesota state lines.

Go sniff a shitpile or something,but stay the FUCK outta my face.

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
OK, as Lewis Black says, just calm the fuck down - in college, especially 15, 20, 30 years ago like some of these players we're talking about, " the 100" means 100 yards, not 100 meters. Even for track events. They used to run 440 yards, not 400 meters, both on the relay and individual. The world record for 100 meters may well be 9.79, but 100 yards is only 91.44 meters.
This is football - They do stuff in yards. "The 40" that they all get measured by is yards, not meters.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You guys always manage to find something to fight about!:confused:

No need to fight one another to prove who is right and who is wrong.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts