The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Altima SE 3.5 2002 which was bought new....the A/C and heater has never worked correctly....It does not cool or heat....a mold and mildew smell comes fron the vents along with water.....If you drive the car 50 or more miles a film deposit will develop on the windows.....It has produced headaches, sore throats, coughing and shortness of breath.... when riding in the car....The University of Louisville Medical School has recently isolated a case of Legionnaires Disease caused by a faulty A/C and heater in a car.... after reading some of these threads and responses.....the Altima is a time bomb for "Major Sickness"....from their faulty A/C and heaters....I urge anybody who may be having A/C and heater problems with their car.... to seek advice from a Medical Doctor if you or anyone who have ridden in your car are experiencing any of the above symptoms....Nissan has a huge problem...and are trying to sweep it under the rug....My car has been in the garage for a total of 59 days....to no avail......I have parked the car due to health concerns for my wife and self...as well as the concerns which was brought to my attention by other people who rode in the car...

·
Irish Designated Driver
223 Posts
Has there been any repair attempts on your vehicle, or is it just not working and you parked it???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello DesiEGO and jessielude

Yes I have contacted Nissan and opened a a file on the car.....their reply to the dealers not being able to effect repairs to the A/C and heater was that Nissan has no relations with thier dealers.....this statement is rediculous.....I contacted the BBB for mediation with Nissan to replace the car or refund our money....since they have not been able to repair it.....The BBB advised me to seek an attorney since the car has health related issues associated with it.....I spoke to the University of Louisville School of Medicine and discussed the medical problems associated with malfunctioning
A/C and heaters on cars.....this is why the car has been parked for almost a year un-driven.....

·
Hispanic Causin Panic
1,747 Posts
watch out guys , he probably is a honda owner!!!...j/k
damn one year and they havent done anything to rectify the situation , kinda seems that your car should fall under some kind of lemon law. after multiple times to repair the vehicle for the same problem. you shouldnt have much bullshit to put up with from nissan . im very suprised to hear that its going on in your case, and im sorry for the health problems. i hope that your family is feeling better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car falls under the lemon law....I am presently pursuing a resolution based on the law.....I would not sell this car to anyone.....to many serious problems....with the car....Nissan is sending a man from California to check the car....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Edsel said:
The car falls under the lemon law....I am presently pursuing a resolution based on the law.....I would not sell this car to anyone.....to many serious problems....with the car....Nissan is sending a man from California to check the car....

check the car....

or 'snuff' the voice of unreason?

Better have some backup in the form a rifleman(boy) perched on your roof.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts