The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
hehe...nice pic of a maxima hood...that's the hood my friend got cuz he prototyped for them.
Jay

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just do see the importance of the carbon fiber hood . 500 bucks is alot of money to spend on something that doesnt even look good. i know it lightens the car...do you race your Altima?

·
Banned
4,080 Posts
Well

I'd have to say then, what is the point of those BIG ASS wings, you know which ones, the big ass metal structure beam support looking things? Downforce? I don't think so...

·
I hate my Altima.
456 Posts
CF hoods dont make a huge difference in an altima, but if you're goin for nice looks, I (everyone has their own opinion) think it looks real hot! As with the Boeing wings (lol), some people say its rice, but I think its nice; yes even on an Altima. . .

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Or be like me and make your own out of fiberglass. CF is awesome but $500 is ridiculous. Mine will be done soon, its strong as heck and I estimate $100 to finish. Plus I wanna add in vents next.

·
Slow & Low
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Personally I just want something different for the car... I'm kinda of sick o attending shows with cars that look exactly or very close to mine... I have yet to know of someone that has one, except for the guy who donated his car to make it. My current hood is chipped to shit, and It would cost $200-300 to get it painted and I'll run the risk of the paint not matching and looking even worse... For a few hundred bucks more I get a hot looking light hood that I don't have to paint. I think they look great, but hey I'm entitled to my own opinion on what I like and how much I want to spent... Personally 500 is not that much..

·
Registered
243 Posts
NISSANFREAK said:
Or be like me and make your own out of fiberglass. CF is awesome but $500 is ridiculous. Mine will be done soon, its strong as heck and I estimate $100 to finish. Plus I wanna add in vents next.
your makin one yourself???

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I am making a fiberglass hood. Carbon fiber is graphite mixed with fiberglass. Mine is going to be metal mixed with fiberglass. I am about 40% done. Its a project but well worth it. Carbon fiber hoods cost $500 cause the machines they use to make then are expensive. You can actually create your own mold from the existing hood.

·
Alcoholic
396 Posts
ALtiMa-SeR said:
ive heard fiber images CF hoods are crap... arent made very well and cost only like 50 bucks really
do u have one? no? well i do... and i like it very much so... my other friends that dont have fiberimages hoods.. when they drive on the freeway.. the hood comes up from the wind.. mine stays the way it is.. doesnt move an inch..quality.. really good.. so i dunno whereu got ure sources from... just had to word my opinion since i have one... i believe snoopix has one too.. how's ure hood snoopix???

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Yeah thats the main priority getting the hood to stick down at high speeds. So far I got mine way more stiff then it was and its glued down! A stiff light one piece hood is key!

·
Registered
243 Posts
NISSANFREAK said:
I am making a fiberglass hood. Carbon fiber is graphite mixed with fiberglass. Mine is going to be metal mixed with fiberglass. I am about 40% done. Its a project but well worth it. Carbon fiber hoods cost $500 cause the machines they use to make then are expensive. You can actually create your own mold from the existing hood.
sounds too hard to do for me bro..but mad props to you playa

1 - 20 of 24 Posts