The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
????? why not just get poly mounts i helped my friend instal poly engin mounts and a heavy duty trany mount in his VR6 jetta and DAM huge difrence smoother in shifts and feels like he got back lots of power well considering his 2 main mounts were ROYALY F'ed LOL go poly their great and he got his 4 mounts and the trany mount for like 250

only took us 2-2:30 hours to do

all we used was 2 jacks and a few peases of wood

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
reason #1 - cost - poly mounts 250, oem mounts w/ polyurethane < 60 at the dealer

reason #2 - poly mounts are normally way to stiff for daily driving.

the time and the tools are the same for both jobs except that you need a caulk gun to make your own mounts.

·
Rockin the Le Bra
1,016 Posts
this is my next project, but i have to get ahold of the mounts. o'reilly wanted $129 for the rear mount alone, and i know they didnt look at the right part. they even want me to take off the mounts first and take them so they can see which mount is which cuz they cant tell the rear and front apart.

·
Breu Meister
6,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chuck34gboro said:
reason #1 - cost - poly mounts 250, oem mounts w/ polyurethane < 60 at the dealer

reason #2 - poly mounts are normally way to stiff for daily driving.

the time and the tools are the same for both jobs except that you need a caulk gun to make your own mounts.
thank you chuck...not to mention they only make the front and rear engine mounts by place racing for our cars and that costs 250 beans right there...as opposed to my 2 month old engine mounts, front and side which I am going to be filling in...then possibly destroy my rear mount and take advantage of my warranty...thats a maybe otherwise i will just buy a new rear mount and fill it.

·
Warranties fear me
825 Posts
i used the first PL poly on my front....it's goingin tom. I'll let you guys know how it works out...

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
chuck34gboro said:
the limit the amount of movement the engine does inside the engine bay which translates to more power to the ground.
Not really more power... it's better response / reaction everytime the tranny shifts gears.

·
I keep em comin back.....
3,205 Posts
The primary reason for poly filling them is so that they can last much longer then just regular rubber. The other is that poly holds better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts