The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just got off the phone with the master mech at the shop where my car is at. He says, "it looks like a grenade went off inside the motor."

haha, not good.

So, i'm gonna drop by there today when i get off of work to find out the specifics. He told me it's toast and he already priced engines. He's located an 81,000 mile KA for $900. Yeah right. I'm told i can find one for almost half that. We'll see. But with that motor ($900), labor, misc, radiator, total comes to roughly $2000 + tax.

Needless to say, i'm in the market for a used motor. I was gonna surprise you guys with a 10.5:1 build up, but i guess that's gone by the wayside. Sorry guys. It's done. At least for a long while.

Good news is, I'll prolly be parting some stuff out, what's salvagable. Not 100% sure yet, but some items may include:

JWT nitrous kit (ecu, hardware, etc)
JWT cams
60mm TB
Valve cover
etc.

·
Am I still a NOOB?
2,082 Posts
Hey ryan, pm me with how much for the cams and the valve cover. Would you be willing to part the ecu separate from the nitrous kit?

·
2.0T, 2.3T, and 2.4 N/A
4,863 Posts
sorry to hear that Ryan......

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
sorry to hear that, ryan. hope you can get whatever done that you are wanting to do. on that note, let me know how much you are looking for on the JWT NOS kit. thanks.

·
Hello my name is Distance
6,028 Posts
ill take the cams, but man that sucks bro

·
caviar cartel
3,219 Posts
Sorry to hear that man, at least you represented real well while it lasted.. One question, does this experience change your outlook on n20 or would you recommend it as quickly as you had before?

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would recommend a wet kit ^^^

piston #2 and 3 were toast! They looked like piston powder, lol! You could see the top ring and everything. The cylinder wall on #3 was coated with piston. That can be removed from a bore, but i wouldn't take any chances on that block after what happened.

They pretty much directly related it to the nitrous, and i leaned out. I guess it wasn't such a smart idea to spray a larger jet, even if it's only 2 thousanths of an inch, oops! I seriously thought i would've been fine, I learned the hard way it seems. However, the head gasket looked fine and the head seemed to be ok, except for #3, all valves and head on #3 was coated with piston.

It's just weird that the radiator would blow out like that before the gasket, etc. Even the overflow on the coolant resevoir would've been filled up, but no. It just makes me and the mech's wonder where all that pressure went inside #3 after the piston blew. our guess is the block/crank may be damaged and they haven't found it yet until further inspection.

But it does seem that I will be parting some stuff out. I'll let you guys know when it's ready. If you guys want to PM some bids on stuff, feel free.

I did the best i could. It was fun while it lasted.

·
*Member*
253 Posts
60mm TB

Will this fit on a 2nd gen Auto...Let me know thanks!

·
My Alti got da last laugh
1,546 Posts
:eek: sucks man.i thought i blew something today but it was my tranny shifting. notgood. i'm going to have to look into a tranny real soon. i've run that wet 70 for awhile no leaning out, aaahhh except cylinder one is leaning abit. but of course that will happen without direct port which is my next route so i can make sure no cylinders are leaning out.

·
what is in a name?
2,731 Posts
sorry to hear man.

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
1phataltima said:
60mm TB

Will this fit on a 2nd gen Auto...Let me know thanks!
correct me if i'm wrong but i thought the 60mm came standard with automatic altimas...this is where most manuals get theirs from...(maybe this is just a 1st gen thing)...if so..my bad..:)

·
$ make my Engine go Round
1,157 Posts
sorry to hear that bro, let us know how things go and if no one comes through I wouldn't mind the cams.

Good luck with your car.

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes my friends
all good things must come to an end.

the 60mm TB came off of an auto to begin with. the Manuals come with 55mm, so it's only good for 5 spds. sorry

Keep pm's coming about parts
nothing's final yet.

I'm making a thread in for sale, so post there or PM about parts.

·
Big Intercooled Member
1,539 Posts
So your giving up dude???? I never thought I waould see the day you were giving up......

You always wanted a 12 and there was nothing that was going to stop you, dont let this stop you man. You can do it!

You inspire all of us with the N20 to run better times, dont give up:(:(

1 - 20 of 35 Posts