The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
founding father
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am finally going tomorrow to get my dual apex n-1 exhaust done!

·
Back to the basics
770 Posts
That'll be sweet, you'll have to post some pics

·
founding father
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
because the rear bumper had dual cutouts and i have wanted them for awhile

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I really like your unique setup Donnie, but I'll bet you will want to slap someone when they say nice Accord man. Not a slam at all but you have to be a true enthusiast to know/appreciate what your ride is and how far you have pushed the limits. I give you major respect for doing original stuff.

·
Audio-XTC
308 Posts
Mohamed said:

I thought dual exhausts on a 4-cylinder-equipped car is actually quite a stupid thing to do unless you have installed serious power gainers to your engine. :confused:

i heard that to and im pretty sure its true... my friend with an ls integra did that because of his body kit had 2 slots and now he is runnin high 17's... its just really really loud and annoying.... he has some things done to his car i/h/e ignition and some other shit... he ran mid 16's before he put the dual exhaust on and ever since then hes gotten slower.. we told him it was cause the dual exhaust but he dont believe us.. oh well :)

·
Traded in Alti!!!
406 Posts
I believe it makes u slower caue of the air displacement? not pressure w/ a 4 cylinder dual exaust, also i dont think it is as loud because of the same reason

·
founding father
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mohamed said:

I thought dual exhausts on a 4-cylinder-equipped car is actually quite a stupid thing to do unless you have installed serious power gainers to your engine. :confused:

yeah its a decently stupid thing to do as for power goes but hell i don't care....its pretty much just for show anyways. but you are right

·
H.N.I.C.
3,488 Posts
this may sound a lil' dumb...
but maybe if he went with smaller piping on the rest of the exhaust sytem..
he wouldn't lose as much power...
if any...

since the power loss is due to loss of back pressure..
since the dual exhaust allows the gas to escape so effortlessly...
if there was more restriction, his back pressure wouldn't drop so...
????

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Mohamed said:

dual exhausts are better for V-configured engines (V6, V8...) if the two exhaust pipes are seperate from each other... like on a V6, each handles 3 cylinders.... right?

·
Traded in Alti!!!
406 Posts
good thinking TWOFAZE

·
Banned
1 Posts
twofaze said:
this may sound a lil' dumb...
but maybe if he went with smaller piping on the rest of the exhaust sytem..
he wouldn't lose as much power...
if any...

since the power loss is due to loss of back pressure..
since the dual exhaust allows the gas to escape so effortlessly...
if there was more restriction, his back pressure wouldn't drop so...
????
in theory, this would make sense

·
founding father
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok here's the deal. yesterday i checked the horsepower in asian/european PS system (our horsepower+ 3%) on the multichecker and it registered at 141 at the flywheel. pretty shitty. that was w/o any muffler and a clogged up catalytic converter. after the system got redone with a new cat(not a high performance one) and the dual n-1's it read at 161 PS. so roughly that is 165.83 at the flywheel.

·
founding father
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
damn i thought my last post would get some reply's!

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
donnie said:
damn i thought my last post would get some reply's!
damn, that's a pretty impressive gain for exhaust. I'm somewhat surprised. Good deal. Keep us updated, and pics please!

Keep up the good work. Only 5 more weeks!

·
founding father
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it just goes to show that a good catalytic convertor (free flowing or new one) can do wonders. it was funny cuz while i was there getting it done i was reading some off the reasons why your cat can go bad. and one of them was that you were running too rich and fuel was getting into the cat. well when my #2 injector was stuck open, the engine almost hydrolocked on fuel and when we finally got it started fuel just dumped out of the exhaust pipe. so i knew that the cat was definantly dead in a big way!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts