The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dreamer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 01 Altima came with Firestone GTA tires. They are pretty decent on dry roads, but not on wet roads. Damn....today I was driving in the rain and if there were more then a glaze of water on the road, these tires will lose COMPLETE traction! I lost all feedbacks from the steering wheel! THe front became very unstable and was literally skidding across the water. Cornering traction was nonexistent. Why did Nissan decide to put these POS's on the Altima anyways? Oh well time to get new tires.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
was it raining for a while, or had it just started? Cause when it start raining, the road gets really slick, all the dirt mixes with the water and the asphalt becomes oily and very slippery, maybe that's why they suck. It doesn't matter what tires you have, unless it rains for a while you're gonna have problems

·
350Z
7,755 Posts
I threw out my firestone and put on micheline tires. They have much better grip on the road and they are super quiet on the highway. Get rid of thoses shitty ones.

·
Dreamer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its was raining for a good 30 mins when this happened. Yeah some of these Firestones were recalled, but mine wasn't one of them :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts