The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
F**K a search button
282 Posts
i got a 2nd gen,
i dunno how different it is if any but i drilled right by my cluch slave cylinder (above) i dont have a camera so it isnt much help but just to give you an idea
be careful not to drill into anything though theres alot of $$$ shit

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
There's no need to drill a hole. the car already got plenty of holes as is. Find the one where you can route a wire from the engine bay, to the inside of the fender, and then into the passenger compartment. Drilling a hole just for a tiny amp power wire is stupid IMO. the same thing with drilling a hole to relocate the battery.

·
young & stupid
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
u have no idea...i try to find a hole in the firewall but there is none so i do have to drill.

i guess i'm puttin the amp in the trunk...i was goin to put it in the car under the sit but it wont fit

·
Hello my name is Distance
6,028 Posts
you dont have to drill a hole in the firewall to put the amp in the truck. all you need is one hole in the floor of the trunk. Run the wires in the underbody

·
maybe another alty soon?
1,509 Posts
Why wouldn't you want to drill a hole in the firewall Ashura?

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
^talk about the rust that can come from the hole. even if you paint over it, will the color match? etc..drilling firewall is just the non-profesional (IMO) lazy person way of routing a cable. There are a lot of water drainage holes in the car already.

In short, often just not profesional.

·
young & stupid
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanx for the input guys

i'm pretty sure it wont rust because of this plastic thing that i got form the amp kit

i rather run it through the interior so the wire can't get hit by stuff under the car when i drive

·
Hello my name is Distance
6,028 Posts
if you run it underneath along the body, nothing will hurt it. Do what you want I just say do it on the underbody, It will save you time and the hassle

·
S for Skeet Skeet
4,376 Posts
there is no reason to go under the body, going through the interior is much better IMO and its so simple to do, probably takes 15-20 mins and you dont have to worry about something happenng to the wire

·
The Saga Continues......
3,303 Posts
true, drill the hole on the driver's side. i drilled mine about 3 inches below and to the right of the fuel filter.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts