The Nissan Club banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
T76 U13
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
My transmission has held good so far with 30psi+ on the motor, but it is time to upgrade anyways..

·
Certified lunatic
1,822 Posts
i have 4 transmissions sitting in my garage awaiting me to get off my ass and finish the altima. just got back in the country less than 2 months ago. car should be ready to compete with Jose (using a lot of parts off his cars ironically) in a month or so ;D

·
Registered
187 Posts
My transmission has held good so far with 30psi+ on the motor, but it is time to upgrade anyways..
30psi??? Wow, What kind of clutch are you running? Im only on 11 psi, I have gone through a few clutches now, and shattered 3rd gear on one transmission.

·
T76 U13
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Back then I was running an OS GIKEN twin disc clutch that was meant for a skyline. These transmissions don't like agressive shifting, you have to make sure that your clutch is fully disengaged while shifting any grinding or hard shock will destroy these gears.

·
Certified lunatic
1,822 Posts
well hard shock wouldnt be alleviated by the clutch engagement or not would it? :(

·
2750lbs
966 Posts
Any updates? What happened to these guys?

·
The Dude
8,837 Posts
Now the two fastest recorded Altimas in the world are both in NJ!

Fredis, you need to get with Jose on your fuel system! Fuel system and your new cams will put your car in the 500whp range!

·
2750lbs
966 Posts
Nice, i hope he's still around. I was reading that 2nd gens posts and was getting all inspired until i saw he parted out his car :eek: Btw Brian could you email me your last .cal file? I want to see just how much tinkering was done at the dyno.

·
Certified lunatic
1,822 Posts
i'm still around, just not often. i never did finish my build due to leaving the country - for almost 4 years. i was building it in between trips back, but those trips stopped when I went to Kuwait, Iraq, and Belgium for the last 3-4 years.

So it needs to be torn down and have the valve springs replaced, at a minimum, but it's still there. I gave the car to a shop to finish it while I was gone, and the shop went out of business and kept my car! I finally got it back, nothing done, parts missing. Sent it to another shop to finish, who didnt touch it for 3 months. Sent it to another shop who charged me $4000, so I thought it was done. I show up, and it's nowhere NEAR done, and I ended up undoing most of it.

So between the financial headache and not having time to do it myself, I daily drove my '72 Nova for a while. Later bought a C5 Corvette and put some work into that, and it's my new daily driver.

I type this from Canada, so I still travel, but whenever I have time to, I want to finish mine! I've actually been to NJ and MD several times, so I'll have to get in touch with you guys that already finished!

·
all blacked out
3,819 Posts
i'm still around, just not often. i never did finish my build due to leaving the country - for almost 4 years. i was building it in between trips back, but those trips stopped when I went to Kuwait, Iraq, and Belgium for the last 3-4 years.

So it needs to be torn down and have the valve springs replaced, at a minimum, but it's still there. I gave the car to a shop to finish it while I was gone, and the shop went out of business and kept my car! I finally got it back, nothing done, parts missing. Sent it to another shop to finish, who didnt touch it for 3 months. Sent it to another shop who charged me $4000, so I thought it was done. I show up, and it's nowhere NEAR done, and I ended up undoing most of it.

So between the financial headache and not having time to do it myself, I daily drove my '72 Nova for a while. Later bought a C5 Corvette and put some work into that, and it's my new daily driver.

I type this from Canada, so I still travel, but whenever I have time to, I want to finish mine! I've actually been to NJ and MD several times, so I'll have to get in touch with you guys that already finished!
That sucks, but I love a 72 nova. And the C5's are nice, my friend has one 515whp and it gets better mpg on the highway than my subaru. Beautiful Le Mans blue, I love that car. How did you like Belguim, I might visit my friend this summer after Afghanistan he is going there. If your ever in Jersey I know most of us with turboed Altimas meet up once and a while. Even saw SeAlti this summer, I lost his number or I was going to drop off my car for some work.

·
Certified lunatic
1,822 Posts
That sucks, but I love a 72 nova. And the C5's are nice, my friend has one 515whp and it gets better mpg on the highway than my subaru. Beautiful Le Mans blue, I love that car. How did you like Belguim, I might visit my friend this summer after Afghanistan he is going there. If your ever in Jersey I know most of us with turboed Altimas meet up once and a while. Even saw SeAlti this summer, I lost his number or I was going to drop off my car for some work.
i have a sister that lives in Philly, so i can always visit. i do want to finish the Altima just to say I finished it if nothing else. i figure this summer i should have some time to revisit it. hell, when i first started, i didnt know much about mechanics at all. would be kind of cool to close that loop.

·
all blacked out
3,819 Posts
i have a sister that lives in Philly, so i can always visit. i do want to finish the Altima just to say I finished it if nothing else. i figure this summer i should have some time to revisit it. hell, when i first started, i didnt know much about mechanics at all. would be kind of cool to close that loop.
Nice, Philly is a good city. Good cheesesteaks lol. I agree with you on finishing it as an accomplishment, I feel the same. I learned alot thanks to this car.

·
2750lbs
966 Posts
geez, now even the youtube video is gone :/

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
My 2ng gen is long gone. I do miss her on occassion! Owell onto the next project, builing a 76 datsun 280z in the middle of restoring the body.

·
2750lbs
966 Posts
Wait don't go! Lol i wanted to ask you about your drive train setup!

·
2750lbs
966 Posts
Slicknj? I didn't find any user's under that username. Yeah i'm looking for something to hold 600whp with an lsd....

101 - 118 of 118 Posts