The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
the trailer's rockin
342 Posts
if i'm runnin wot then my 98 auto shifts into second at about 42. this feels fine, real smooth shift. it all started with me when i put in my cai. hope this helps some, even if you do have a 1 gen.

·
hrm
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DrunkViking said:
Only if I'm pushing it, I red line my 1st gen before it shifts to 2nd, and all I have done is a Custom Cat
Well I cant really hit the red line before It shifts.. I usually shift out of first gear at 42mph.. Then it jumps to 2nd around 6000rpms?

Only way it'll red line... is when I have OD off.. then it'll shift around 6,500 rpms.

-Anthony

·
Registered
386 Posts
that seems pretty low. have you guys ever stuck it in 1st in ur auto and just floor it til the needle bounced back? I tried it downhill and got to 53mph but I think i did some permanent damage to my tranny/engine :(

·
layin rubber on philly
130 Posts
just get a manual. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha:p

·
coffee black and egg whit
1,918 Posts
wtf wtf wtf....

why does my car, when in "D," and at WOT shift from 1st to 2nd at 32 mph.....that seems SIGNIFICANTLY lower than the rest of the guys on here......

maybe this is why my car is so damn slow :confused:

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
whoa353 said:
i used to do
42 in first
75 in second
99 in third
from there on i know some gear brought me up to 118

WOW! You guys actually look at your speedo? The only thing I ever look at is my tach, but that's only if I want to shift just as the limiter is about to kick in. Otherwise, I just listen and feel for the shift points.

Oh yeah, JUST GET A 5 SPEED! IT'S MORE FUN!!!

·
1,918 Posts
drew said:

WOW! You guys actually look at your speedo? The only thing I ever look at is my tach, but that's only if I want to shift just as the limiter is about to kick in. Otherwise, I just listen and feel for the shift points.

Oh yeah, JUST GET A 5 SPEED! IT'S MORE FUN!!!
oh yea, its called my parents bought my car for me as a present and i didnt have a choice.....

and i looked at my speedo after i read this thread to see where my auto was shifting at

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
FiReMuNkI said:

oh yea, its called my parents bought my car for me as a present and i didnt have a choice.....

and i looked at my speedo after i read this thread to see where my auto was shifting at

If someone was to buy me a car as a present, I'd make sure that they got me a car that I liked! Not hating, just my opinion. I spend a lot of time in the car so I gotta like what I have!

·
1,918 Posts
i just realized that you guys are sticking your car into "1" and then sliding it into "2" at like 40 mph.................

what does your guys' cars shift when at WOT while the car is in "D"

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.