The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Nympho
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, this is my first post and i wanted to know some information about the 1st gen altimas.

I just purhased a used 93' gxe altima 5-spd. i got it because i found one cheap and thought it would be a nice car to own. It also runs smooth and is in good shape, the only flaw it already has 99,000 miles, mostly highway.

Well i'm intrested it know what i first would do in order to get the most horsepower out of my money. I'm sorry if this was posted in the past, i just wanted to know directly :) Would it be the intake, headers, or exhaust? or the pulley? i'm not too sure on what i would like to do first, just something that could help overall on the performance of the car, and not end up paying too much for it. Realizing their are already 99,000 miles put on the car, i want something that wont make it speed up the life of the engine either.

Thanks for your comments in advance!

·
U13 Drifter
624 Posts
hmm, i'd go with intake or pully, don't worry about exhaust just yet if hp is what your after and the header would be a nice choice but that's expensive too. Either go with the place racing cold air intake or the unorthodox racing udp, i'd start with intake and then get the pulley

·
U13 Drifter
624 Posts
np, welcome to the board

·
altimas.net OG
1,350 Posts
w/ that kinda mileage i wouldnt do too much to the engine besides minor bolt-ons...like you said intake header exhaust pully....nothing tooooo major like turbo or porting...nos...

-shek

1 - 5 of 5 Posts