The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
779 Posts
LOL, it's gonna hurt'm bad I think. You heard about the guy who's laptop battery blew up, lighting the gun ammo in his car and blowing the shit out of his truck? Oh boy, Sony and Dell are about to get :eek:wned:

Big companies already have programs in place to get their batteries replaced ASAP! It's the low class shmucks like us that gotta way over 2 MONTHS for them, bastards.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah Dell is gonna take a big hit. Sony, the one who manufactured the batteries, will also absorb part of the recall costs.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
I was considering buying a Dell laptop too. Glad I came across that Best Buy deal of the year for a Toshiba Satellite w/core duo, 15.4 wide, super drive, 80GB , WiFi, and a free Canon printer for only $599.

·
Givin 'em 4gasms
4,461 Posts
Prey521 said:
Big companies already have programs in place to get their batteries replaced ASAP!
We got the email yesterday around quarter to 5 basically telling us not to panic and to sit tight. There are 5,500 laptops here that contain the batteries and Dell is replacing all of them.

I'm hoping they let me keep my old one, so I can use it for a backup. It hasn't blown up yet; I'm sure it's fine.

·
Registered
661 Posts
coach said:
I was considering buying a Dell laptop too. Glad I came across that Best Buy deal of the year for a Toshiba Satellite w/core duo, 15.4 wide, super drive, 80GB , WiFi, and a free Canon printer for only $599.
Do they still have that?

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
6 D-Series Latitudes here, two batteries each... 3 checked out fine, 3 are on business trips and are getting checked when they get back. I've only found one battery that was even on the model list, but the tool on Dell's website said it was ok, based on the full serial number.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Chino said:
Do they still have that?

Good luck at finding one. I was in line Sunday morning at 9:40 to get one. I was twelfth and there were only 15 units available. The Best Buy I went to is kind of out of the way sice you can't see it from the freeway and is less known. It was probably the best choice for the locations in the bay area.

I did hear that they held some back for monday morning but I'd bet on those being sold. When I got back Sunday morning I checked and they were sold out online too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just got this email from Dell...

Date: 8/16/2006 10:36:52 PM

Dear Customer,

Thank you for participating in the Dell recall of certain Sony batteries. Your replacement order has been received and you can expect to receive your new battery within 20 business days. You may continue to use your notebook computer safely by turning the system off, ejecting the battery, and using the AC adapter and power cord to power your system until your replacement battery is received.

US customers may check the status of this order at www.dellbatteryprogram.com. All customers will receive email confirmation when their replacement battery is shipped. With that shipment, Dell will also provide a means for you to return the affected batteries for proper disposal. If you have additional questions not covered on the recall website, or cannot access the website, please call Dell toll-free at 1-866-342-0011, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CST.

Customers also can write to the company at Dell, Attn: Battery Recall, 9701 Metric Blvd., Suite 200, Austin, TX 78758.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue. Shipment of quality products always has been and continues to be our foremost concern. As always, if you have questions or concerns about this or any other subject, please feel free to contact us.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts