The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Non-Newbie
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm in the process of upgrading my exhaust and my flex pipe has been shot for some time.
As you can see V

My questions are:
Should I buy a SS flex pipe from ebay or have the shop replace it when they do the work? Which would be cheaper?
Here is one I found on ebay:
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7915832860&category=33633)
If I buy the flex pipe from ebay; do I need to buy a flex pipe with the O2 sensor built in? If not will the shop carry this piece?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Y2J (John)

·
JDM NCP31 & CZ4A
6,528 Posts
u have to go to a muffler shop to replace it n e ways...u should ask how much with and without the flex pipe price would be...then see if u have a deal buyin from ebay...but i think it might b same

·
Non-Newbie
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
XOoET64oOX said:
u have to go to a muffler shop to replace it n e ways...u should ask how much with and without the flex pipe price would be...then see if u have a deal buyin from ebay...but i think it might b same
Very true. ^^^ I'm still curious about the O2 sensor but I suppose that will be another question to be asked at the shop.

I'll be going soon to get price quotes; I just thought it would be nice to walk in with all the parts I need for the swap. I just really didn't want to wait and find out that the price is incredibly different and then have to wait for the part.

Oh well, if anyone knows right off hand the answers to my questions it would be appreciated. If not, I guess the questions will have to wait until I meet with someone at the shop.

PS> Thanks for the reply XOoET64oOX

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can't see your pic, but if your flex pipe is that bad why don't u just change the whole down pipe, flex and all. Good prices at moonlightmechanic.com I think they sell for 90 bucks. Made by Bosal I believe. Good quality!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts