The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend needs to get his flexpipe replaced. He isn't sure if the flexpipe is connected to the downpipe or not(like, if it's all one piece). I never heard of the flexpipe before, but i'm hoping someone here has. Does anyone know exactly what the flexpipe is and if it is a seperate piece than the downpipe?

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
the flex-pipe section is one piece to the down pipe. He could however bring it to a muffler shop and have them put on a new one. Tell your friend to get his own flex pipe from the junkers in good condition, they're quite expensive if they're new.

The flex pipe is just that, basically a big flexible section after the downpipe made from steel ribbons. As the engine creates movement, a flex pipe is there so the exhaust piping didn't get overstressed from the engine's movement/vibrations.

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
not too sure what the rpice is on right now, but a used one can be had for 30-50 bucks at the junkers if not mistaken depending on size and condition. It was someone else's car. you might be able to find out from www.carparts.com, or maybe midas can help price a new one.

·
You're my boy Blue!
1,325 Posts
ASHURA said:
not too sure what the rpice is on right now, but a used one can be had for 30-50 bucks at the junkers if not mistaken depending on size and condition. It was someone else's car. you might be able to find out from www.carparts.com, or maybe midas can help price a new one.
cuz i got a quote for one with some other exhaust stuff, but i didnt get the individual price. thanks for the info

·
You're my boy Blue!
1,325 Posts
Samir said:
I'd say if you're looking into an exhaust system, just go ahead and get a header. They all come with a new flexpipe in the downpipe. :D
i don't think i have the loot for the header yet. i have some other projects i was working on. in the future i'll have the header. i was just going to get my custom 2.25" piping done.

and i didn't know about the flex pipe coming with the header, thanks! :D

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks ashura, he said he got quoted around 250 for a new flexpipe. I will tell him that he just needs to find a used flexpip in a slavage yard instead of the whole thing

·
Parting out '95 GXE
585 Posts
autozone said they have a bosal front exhaust pipe with the flex section for $110.19... i'm going to look into this in a few weeks because my flex section is shot, too... they do have it listed on their website as part number 816-013

edit: link doesn't work...

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
Perfect Nissan said:
Thanks ashura, he said he got quoted around 250 for a new flexpipe. I will tell him that he just needs to find a used flexpip in a slavage yard instead of the whole thing
no wonder I can't remember the price..it's one of those thing I choose to forget because it's so outrageously expensive for a little thing.

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Perfect Nissan said:
that was my problem. my flex pipe broke. so, instead of paying 250 for a new one, i got the stillen header, which comes with the flex pipe part that needed to be replaced. for 200 more, u fix the problem and upgrade to a header in the process.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts