The Nissan Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't done alot of work on my cars the last several years due to limited available time. However, am planning on starting to do some things again.

Where are the best places to jack up (that's up!) the car using a trolley jack in both the front and rear on the Altima?

I know a bunch of you know, so thanks ahead of time.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,804 Posts
jACK

iF ANYONE ON THIS FORUM COULD TELL ME HOW TO EMAIL PICS FROM THE ESM I COULD HELP YOU BY SENDING YOU THE PIC

·
I Am My Altima's Bitch
869 Posts
I dont see what they want you to jack at those circled spots at center. You really cant jack a car from center, even old RWD solid axles were tough to jack by the pumpkins.

2002Altima said:

Look at the picture again....

There are the side points and it says "safety stand" at the bottom of the picture.

AT THE TOP of the picture says "garage jack" and has the circles in the dead center of the car.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Civic to Alty:

Thanks for the picture!!!!

I was wondering the same thing so the pic above is useful!!!:bigok:

·
Wasabi Warrior
271 Posts
Re: Help

proendo said:
OK this weekend I am going to jack my car up and paint the calipers.

Just printed the jack points.

Any one else have additonal info / pictures of their experiences with jacking the old alty up?

Thanks,

PROENDO
Yes, use jack stands if you plan on using the supplied jack (in the trunk). My car FELL after jacking-up my driver's side front end to install my CAI. Fortunately, both my friend and I weren't even near the car when the car fell. Nissan said I didn't properly block all the tires after jacking the car up. (Where are you going to get blocks if you get a flat on the road?)

Either way, get jack stands AND properly block your vehicle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.