The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true that 02 Altys are Fly By Wire with a electronic trottle interface between foot and trottle body??

Also has anyone added a sub to thei non bose unit, i want to know details on how you did it .

Thanks in advance,

Future Alty owner,

Sal Astuto

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
I wonder if it's more responsive than tightening the throttle cable...

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
Tightening a throttle cable doesn't add responsiveness, it just removes free play that shouldn't have been there in the first place. One thing I notice more than any additional responsiveness is that the rev's drop to idle slower after releasing the pedal.

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
Altimat said:
Tightening a throttle cable doesn't add responsiveness, it just removes free play that shouldn't have been there in the first place. One thing I notice more than any additional responsiveness is that the rev's drop to idle slower after releasing the pedal.
Doesn't removing the "free play" = "more responsive" than stock? :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Altimat said:
Not in my book. Throttle response begins when the throttle plate opens. Pedal response maybe??:p
Throttle response is usually referred to as how quickly the engine responds to pedal input.Thus factors such as cable tightness, atmospheric conditions, and in the case of carbs more than F.I fuel mixture(since most F.I. systems are computer controlled) all relate to an engines throttle response.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was wondering this when the corvette came out with this fly by wire technology...if your at wide open throttle and the computer has a brain fart,are you screwed?No I am not this stupid but what if?It'd be a good reason to outrun the cops huh?

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
Is this an argument yet? Throttle response, by definition, is how the engine responds to throttle movement. Until the slack in the cable is gone or the knit sock in your shoe is compressed, there is no movement. I guess we can agree to disagree.

·
Barkless Dog
801 Posts
I hooked up a boston 10" sub with a JL 250 amp. The amp is bolted to the back seat back and taps into the rear speakers. On the head unit I turn the bass to 0 and adjust the sub via the amp. I also had my trunk dyno matted. It did make the trunk lid heavy so when you pop it open it just opens slightly. THey show you how the hook up works at the JL web site.

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
akima said:
I hooked up a boston 10" sub with a JL 250 amp. The amp is bolted to the back seat back and taps into the rear speakers. On the head unit I turn the bass to 0 and adjust the sub via the amp. I also had my trunk dyno matted. It did make the trunk lid heavy so when you pop it open it just opens slightly. THey show you how the hook up works at the JL web site.

huh?

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
cmeflyin said:
the original post asked if anyone hooked up a sub to the non bose unit

Sorry... had some bad crack that day...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts