The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys my start took a dump today ...the teeths on the starter is not catchin the flywheel....do i have to shim the starter? has anyone have this problem ...DAMN PEP BOYS crap !! and i gotta wait til monday to get it fixed that when them manager will warrantte my starter

·
Registered
546 Posts
nope you don't shim this starter.....are you sure this is the problem? did you test the start while it was installed in the car? did yu install it yourself? do you have a 5 speed or auto?
orlando

·
Banned
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive been thru 4 starters already ..all them seem to wear after months of driving this is my 5th starter now. ... and its a 5spd ...

·
Banned
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah aftermarket clutch and flywheel ...damn STARTER ...so shock has the same prob? does anyone else have the same prob ? or a soultion for this ?

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
GOKU said:
yeah aftermarket clutch and flywheel ...damn STARTER ...so shock has the same prob? does anyone else have the same prob ? or a soultion for this ?
aftermarket clutch? What do you have, JUN? If so, how do you like it?

After adding mine, i didn't notice much increase, if any, in track times. I think it's because i suck at driving, and i need to learn how to drive it with the new flywheel.

BTW, i've had my ACT clutch and JUN flywheel for maybe 4-5 months, and no probs whatsoever with the starter, at least not yet. *fingers crossed*

It just makes a tinny, metal sound when i start it up.

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
my starter died today too (first one @ 97k). i had to push start it. but the flywheel ate it too I think because it would whine when it started then today it just stopped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.