The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys my start took a dump today ...the teeths on the starter is not catchin the flywheel....do i have to shim the starter? has anyone have this problem ...DAMN PEP BOYS crap !! and i gotta wait til monday to get it fixed that when them manager will warrantte my starter

·
Banned
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive been thru 4 starters already ..all them seem to wear after months of driving this is my 5th starter now. ... and its a 5spd ...

·
Banned
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah aftermarket clutch and flywheel ...damn STARTER ...so shock has the same prob? does anyone else have the same prob ? or a soultion for this ?

·
Die Trying
8,136 Posts
GOKU said:
yeah aftermarket clutch and flywheel ...damn STARTER ...so shock has the same prob? does anyone else have the same prob ? or a soultion for this ?
aftermarket clutch? What do you have, JUN? If so, how do you like it?

After adding mine, i didn't notice much increase, if any, in track times. I think it's because i suck at driving, and i need to learn how to drive it with the new flywheel.

BTW, i've had my ACT clutch and JUN flywheel for maybe 4-5 months, and no probs whatsoever with the starter, at least not yet. *fingers crossed*

It just makes a tinny, metal sound when i start it up.

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
3,371 Posts
my starter died today too (first one @ 97k). i had to push start it. but the flywheel ate it too I think because it would whine when it started then today it just stopped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.