The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,
i am about to have the tranny puled for problems and thought... while they had it out i might as well put in a good clutch and flywheel. questions though...

1) are lightened/aluminum flywheels really worth the cash? hear that they make more torque and gets the rmps up a lot faster making the car quicker off the line. and who makes them for '93s?

2) didn't we have someone offering ACT deals to alti.net members? since the redesign on the site i can't find that info.

any suggestions and or comment are appreciated. i'll be doing this work soon so i need to order the parts and stuff relatively soon.

thanxx

bp

·
Registered
475 Posts
lightened flywheels are for autocross people mainly.....they are more problems then they are worth on a daily driver. If you dont do it right you'll stall the engine between shifts. As for clutches hell yes go with somthing with a bit more muscle.

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
i have the JUN chromoly lightened flywheel for $425 shipped from www.nis-knacks.com It was a good mod and i can feel the difference when it revs up, but my time slips prove me otherwise. I lost .2 of a sec when i added clutch-n-flywheel. I would not recommend spending $425 for the flywheel. Maybe it's just me and my sorry ass driving technique, but it doesn't seem to help. It's up to you though'

as for the clutch, i have the ACT street disc for $330 from www.mmrusa.com I originally ordered from asuylum motor sports, the place that SUPPOSEDLY gives us a deal, well after waiting over a month for an item that was in stock and a lot "run-arounds" i got over it and ordered elsewhere. I love it and it bites hard. I can chirp 3rd on occasion

1 - 3 of 3 Posts