The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey

which brand/model of fog/driving lights are recommended? I drive alot at night and could use some extra visibility...

thanks!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for your help!

Which is the best deal for the $? or are they pretty much the same...

josh

·
10,560 Posts
What helped me, i re-wired my stock fogs and put in some higher wattage bulbs. Then i aimed my headlights and fogs just slightly higher than stock and WOW!!! What a difference that made. Try it, it's a cheap way to get mor elight on the road, and it works :)

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
PIAA and CATZ are kinda expensive for their fog/driving combo. I'm looking at the Hella one...fits in the 1st gen hole nicely. But for now, no fog and night visability is pretty good, so I'm putting it off.
Jay

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
driving lights are "pencil" lights...they shine far and have a sharp beam. Fogs are mounted lower and illuminate the floor with a wide beam.
Jay

·
Registered
4 Posts
Whatever lamp you do get >>

Make sure its E-code certified. This can be detected by looking at the lens; if the markings on the lens include an "E" within a circle accompanied by a number ranging from 1 to 14, it means that the lamp is certified by one of 14 European countries for use on roads.

·
Resistance is futile
1,952 Posts
djsassan said:
Hella....Piaa...Catz
Sounds like a law firm.

"Have you be injured in an accident? Call the experts at Hella, Piaa & Catz today."

·
Official Troll
3,031 Posts
I've had plenty of experiences with both fog and driving, and the different shapes they come in, on my dad's car. He seems to be able to break them and I wind up changing them so often.

Anyway.......

Basically driving lights don't do too much. They don't make much of a difference in night time visibility. They're suppose to throw out a long narrow beam. But they don't. A lot of the light is wasted because of the small mirror design. They don't seem to light up the road.

Fogs are better. They throw out a short wide beam that floods light all over the road directly in front of the car. They fill in the places where the low beams don't shine on. They're more useful and you'll feel more at ease driving.

For pitch black driving, driving with your high beams and fog beams on is great. The fogs will act as your low beams.

I need Chris to show me at the next meet how to rewire my factory fogs to be independent of my headlights.

·
Registered
146 Posts
flarearrow.. you've obviously never seen the Catz MSX driving lights.... they shine up the road far and wide... best lights I've seen and used... I agree though that there are a lot of cheap driving lights that suck ass..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts