The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I just bought a pair of aftermarket fog-lights for my 2001 nissan altima GXE and the biggest issue so far is fitting it on the bumper.
My question is do i have to do any cutting or sawing to fit them in when i remove the front bumper? How did you guys go about with your installation (for anyone who has done the same) ? Any help would be awesome.

This is the Link to the fog lights in case anyone is wondering
Eagle® - Nissan Altima 2001 Standard Line Replacement Fog Light

Thanks a bunch and hoping to hear from anyone
:grin

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Usually you pop out the plastic plug, and from the looks of the pic, a couple of self tapping metal screws and you should be done with the physical install.

Though it looks like CarID got the image upside down!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually you pop out the plastic plug, and from the looks of the pic, a couple of self tapping metal screws and you should be done with the physical install.

Though it looks like CarID got the image upside down!

Thanks but what do you mean by pop out the plastic plug?
The casting behind the light can be popped off but i dont think i should because doesnt it attach somewhere behind the bumper to hold the lights in the fog light bumper shell with the screws?

I heard some people install without taking the bumper off and im mind boggled as to how they pulled that off. :frown

·
6,365 Posts
For a first timer...I would spend the time to get the bumper skin off. How to mount the lights should be self evident at that point. Wiring will be easier too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For a first timer...I would spend the time to get the bumper skin off. How to mount the lights should be self evident at that point. Wiring will be easier too.
they never came with a wiring kit either, where could i possibly score one

·
6,365 Posts

·
Retired 2nd Gen'er.
3,753 Posts
Those are replacement OEM fog lights.

CariD fucked up in that pic and has the foglight pictured upside down.

But anyway..

Those are OEM fogs, so what you are doing is a OEM fog install.

First off, you need to determine if your car is pre-wired for OEM fog lights.

If your car is pre-wired, you will have the wiring harness taped up underneath your headlights:

If you dig around behind the headlight you should be able to see it and tell if you are prewired or not.

The bumper needs to come off to do the install. The bracket on the back of the fog light mounts to the actual bumper beam.

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/f-...ry-fogs-pre-wired-2nd-gens-too-many-pics.html

And if you aren't pre-wired, refer to this:

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/f-...-headlight-hid-oem-fog-hid-install-guide.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts