The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new to the forum! I recently purchased fog lights for my pre wired 2009 Altima 3.5SE. I was wondering if it was possible to not buy the OEM fog light stalk and install an inexpensive button using the provided wiring from Nissan.

·
2010 2.5 SL
588 Posts
You can certainly use an aftermarket button, but I do not know if you can just hack into the provided wiring to make it work. I'd just bypass it and use the wiring that I assume came with your kit.

What specifically are you trying to do? I installed fogs a few different ways on my 2010 and might be able to give some help/insight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying. I know how to set up and install the fog lights I can also do all the wiring if needed. I just wanted to know if I can use the provided wiring that was pre-installed by Nissan to set up a button without buying the expensive stalk or using the aftermarket wiring from the kit.

·
2010 2.5 SL
588 Posts
Sorry, I never had any reason to try. I'm too much of a pessimist to risk splicing a line into the ECU without knowing for certain that I wouldn't fry the whole thing.

But, I am a touch confused by "expensive stalk". You can get the stalk AND oem lights for $90 from Courtesy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts