The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a '99 GXE....

My question is whether or not all altima's were pre-wired for stock fog lights. I REALLY want to put OEM fogs on.

It seems to easy, but.... can I use the GXE bumper cover? Or should I order the SE bumper cover? What kind of wiring will I have to do if I dont have pre-wires? What if I do? What about an interior switch?

Thanks.

·
good one Fonzie
11,588 Posts
not sure if it's pre-wired or not...my 95 GXE was, but I also had a stock sunroof (possibly a package thing)

as forthe bumper cover...you should be able to just cut the openings on the gxe (with the whole bumper removed)...

also look on the mainpage...Chris did a write-up on this years ago for the 98-99 2nd gens

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
On mine I have the wire harness and the socket for the relay.

Don't waste your money on a SE bumper cover just cut them out

http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4649&highlight=bumper+cover#post468013

go slow and carefully and you should be okay!

For the interior switch, you can just pick up the Nissan turn signal lever with the fog light control. It's plug and play if you are pre-wired. Just look in the fuse box near the windshild washer fluid resevoir and see if there is a socket for fog lights. Next look to see if you notice some wires bundled up below the corner lenses.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
its usually hit or miss when it comes to a car being prewired for things, mine was, just look under your bumper if like right behind where the stock fogs should be and if you see a wire with a type of clip on it just taped up then thats the fog light harness, if you have that your all set, you can get a switch from the dealer for around $65 and when you take the plastic off from around the steering wheel you'll see this little tiny wire that is taped up that is for the fogs, dont forget to connect that to the switch, as for the relay just pick one up at your local autoshop for around $5(they call it a horn relay) and you should be set, i did it to my car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts