The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all !

Just got my fog light unit in the mail yesterday, just wanna know if anybody on here ever wire the unit to the factory switch and fuse box ? Don't like the aftermarket switch at all.. I already install the oem switch that I found a the junk yard just want to know how to install the fog light wiring to my fuse box.

This the unit I got...

For 2007 2009 Altima Sedan 4D "Brightest LED" DRL Fog Lamp Light Driving Bumper | eBay

Thank you

Dida

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2010 2.5 SL
588 Posts
I'm afraid that I do not understand "oem switch". The only oem switch that I know of for fogs is a combination switch (turn signal / lights / wipers). If you want to use that, then I believe you need to be prewired. Actually, I'm almost certain you can do it without being prewired, but I do not know how and I personally would not risk damage to the electrical components by messing with it all.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm afraid that I do not understand "oem switch". The only oem switch that I know of for fogs is a combination switch (turn signal / lights / wipers). If you want to use that, then I believe you need to be prewired. Actually, I'm almost certain you can do it without being prewired, but I do not know how and I personally would not risk damage to the electrical components by messing with it all.

Sorry about the misunderstanding, I was talking about the combination switch, and your right about not messing with all that electrical components. I'm just going to run the aftermarket fog light and switch and call it a day... Lol

Thanks

·
2010 2.5 SL
588 Posts
If you are prewired and have the correct combination switch, then all you need to do is install the fog lights (without the wiring harness) and come up with some way to connect the lights to the sockets. Either cut off the sockets from the car and put on new male/female connectors, or purchase the correct socket to match whatever is on the car (11?) and connect that to the lights.

I went the expensive route and bought the correct sockets. However, they never seated correctly and eventually corroded. I suggest going the cheap route, using dielectric grease, and saving the cut connectors in case you need them in the future.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are prewired and have the correct combination switch, then all you need to do is install the fog lights (without the wiring harness) and come up with some way to connect the lights to the sockets. Either cut off the sockets from the car and put on new male/female connectors, or purchase the correct socket to match whatever is on the car (11?) and connect that to the lights.

I went the expensive route and bought the correct sockets. However, they never seated correctly and eventually corroded. I suggest going the cheap route, using dielectric grease, and saving the cut connectors in case you need them in the future.

Im not prewired for fog light, I just picked up the combination switch and fuse box pin from the junk yard. I was hoping to get the whole fog light unit off the junk car but unfortunately somebody already got them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts