The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FLEETWOOD
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to get fog lights before long. Does anybody know if they could be wired to the headlight switch so that they would go on and off with the headlights? Would there be to much of a load on the wires, fusebox ect. ????

·
*Donating Member* Member
878 Posts
I added a set of OEM fogs to the Neon I used to have. They were powered by a splice into the low-beam headlight power wire. Almost five years and I had no problems. I would guess that if a Neon stock wiring can handle OEM fog wattage, then the Altima stock wiring should fare at least as good with OEM fog wattage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
the altima already has the wiring toplug in the factory accessorie fog lights i add them to my alti and it was a easy job

·
FLEETWOOD
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guy's, I was talking to someone yesterday and on her 3.5 she said she didn't like were the switch was for the fog lights. In the middle of the light switch? Is that were it's at???

·
*Donating Member* Member
878 Posts
Yes. On the stalk with the headlight switch. Does not bother me being located there though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I need new foglights one of mine got cracked. I think it happened when we got all that snow (in Queens N.Y) Currykid3 do you know if that place ships for free or what is the charge??

·
Registered
127 Posts
$168.58 total. I think it was 10 dollars shipping UPS ground. I work in shipping so thats a pretty fair price.IMO But that price is for the lights and stalk. Although you could sell the stalk cause thats all you need to hook up any fog lights to the factory wires. Well that a bit of splicing down by the lights.

·
Long Time Caller
1,951 Posts
i have an aftermarket set that work great and have a seperate switch. i do not like the foglight switch on the stalk either, mine is mounted next to the dash light dimmer. i like it. i have them so they will turn on with my parking lights and off as well. i like not having to worry about turning them on

·
FLEETWOOD
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ya, I got that foglight websight on my favorites. I like the the ifo Mike had about wiring them to the low beams. Know the fogs will shut off then. Turned on the headlights under my carport one early morning and about ten min later I came back outside and I could't see a thing. Timer ha? 2k2 info sounds good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts