The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about purchasing fog lights. Does anyone know if the wiring for the fog lights are already setup? Any brands I should look into.

thanks

·
CVLTIMA
208 Posts
I don't know about the brand but all the Altima are prewired for fogs.
Dealer just like to hit people for the option to install. Also you have
to decide if you want yellow or white fogs. Some prefer yellow for the
fact that yellow are easier on the eyes in fog.

·
CVLTIMA
208 Posts
Well when I had my 02 2.5 sl I had the dealer install them until I found out that members
here were installing it themselves because it wasn't that difficult to do. I don't know
what is involved but hopefully someone here who did it themselves would let you know
how they did it.

·
Anti-Elitist
4,829 Posts
The easiest install will be OEM fogs. They're expensive, but they're very easy.

If you go aftermarket, the easiest route would be trying to find an '05 light stalk, that way you can utilize the stock wiring. Only problems with '05 fogs, is that they only illuminate with the low beams, so a lot chose a seperate switch anyway.

If you go OEM, I could tell you how to install, very easy.

·
The Altimatum '05
239 Posts
Got instructions for the OEM ones? I am thinking of purchasing them, also if you know a website that sells them cheap, that would be great.

·
Anti-Elitist
4,829 Posts
Monirul79 said:
Got instructions for the OEM ones? I am thinking of purchasing them, also if you know a website that sells them cheap, that would be great.
Well, I don't know where I got the instructions I used to install them, they were somewhere on the web, but I threw them away after the install. The FAQ is a broken link.

But, I could do a simple write-up with some pics if you wanted, or I could just tell you step, by step. It is really very simple (like one clip, and a bolt). I don't know if instructions come with them or not, cause they came with my side sills.

For a cheap price, I always recommend a local dealership. Most of us hate going to them, but they can get the same price as any online retailer, you just have to haggle with them. But if they can't give you a good price, here's one (not sure about shipping): http://nissan.autowebaccessories.com/store/altima-fog-lamp-kit-prod242_279_2145.php

·
Registered
339 Posts
Very easy install. Go the OEM route - it is much easier! Just drop the front bumper cover. I think there is one screw that holds each fog light in place. The wiring is already there - usually held in place with some tape. Then just replace the stalk on the steering column - also very easy to do. I think there is two screws and then it just snaps out. I did this on my 02 and it took maybe 30 minutes total. I was able to put the lights in place without dropping the front bumper cover - I installed them from the wheel well plastic cover access - you will probably scratch your arm up some doing it like this though.

·
cruiser
1,016 Posts
I recommend you go OEM as well. At first, I was hesitant because of the price but you will notice that its much better in quality than those $20 ones u find. I replaced the bulbs with gold max and it gives a yellow-purplish hue.

·
LOOK OUT!!!!!
1,108 Posts
Got custom fogs from ebay. Just tapped the power wire from my fogs into the power for my parking lights.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Will the 04 light stalk fit on an 05? If so would the for lights come on with the parking lights or would you need to change some wires?

·
Anti-Elitist
4,829 Posts
Good question, and it's been asked, but never answered. I think it would change the switch to make them work with the parking lights. But I don't know if it fits. There was a thread a while back on "Wiring fog lights to work with parking lights..." don't know if you saw it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
yeah i saw it and it went back and forth with yes you can do it this way and no you can't do it that way so i stopped reading it.

·
LOOK OUT!!!!!
1,108 Posts
Fromthe research I did, you cannot get them to come on with the stock wiring. If you want fogs to come on with parking lights then you get custom fogs and wire them into your parking lights.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know about the brand but all the Altima are prewired for fogs.
Dealer just like to hit people for the option to install. Also you have
to decide if you want yellow or white fogs. Some prefer yellow for the
fact that yellow are easier on the eyes in fog.
I have a 2006 Nissan Altima it has the wiring to rook up fog lights but when I plugged then in I have no lights.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,425 Posts
Does your stalk switch support fogs? Was the relay and or fuse installed?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts