The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
hello
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just order a 7500K HID bulbs to upgrade from my 7000K. Right now, I have PIAA Xtreme White fog lights. and it still looks pretty damn yellow compared to the 7000K HID's. What kind of fog lights should i get to better match the blue'er tint of my new 7500K's? :rolleyes:

·
Dont Bang My Compressors
321 Posts
Hmm....i was thinking about swapping my 7000k hid bulbs for 7500k bulbs, if you dont mind, lemme know how those work out, as in brightness and color. thanx
Joshuah

·
From D Land of Tendulkar
521 Posts
how much do u want for the 7000k kit.

·
Dont Bang My Compressors
321 Posts
Well..im not selling anything. im only swapping the bulbs
(keeping the ballasts). no need for me to sell anything cuz i can just send them back and get a diff calvin bulb....i just pay the shipping to the address

·
From D Land of Tendulkar
521 Posts
woah. congrats. Sorry i was just an eager beaver.

·
Dont Bang My Compressors
321 Posts
:lol: its coo

·
Dont Bang My Compressors
321 Posts
:D he he...i high jacked your thread, my mistake. well you wont be able to match your fogs with the HID headlights exactly, but you should get close...my fogs were rather white well that was until i got HID, if you just want your fogs to look bluer to sorta kinda match the headlights, you should look into the blue tinted halogen bulbs.

Once you get your 7500k bulbs installed i'd appreciate it if you let me know how they perform, i.e brightness, color...e.c

Joshua

·
Dont Bang My Compressors
321 Posts
Yeah i know you dont have them yet. Going back to your fogs: dont forget that if the bulbsize for your fogs is compatible with any of the HID kits, you can make your fogs into HID'S....but you more than likely will blind ppl.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't think you'll have much luck getting halogen fog light bulbs to match the color of real HID lights. I did the HID conversion and now my upgraded Philips premium fog light bulbs look rediculously yellow in comparison to the 7000K HID low beams. I think the only way you'll get a good match is to buy another 7000K HID conversion kit for the 9006 fog lights, yes it will be crazy bright, but it'll match!

·
hello
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea..thats what i thought too..:( but thanks. Another HID Kit is too much damn money for fogs is too much damn money IMO!

·
Dont Bang My Compressors
321 Posts
WRC said:
Who makes these 7000/7500k bulbs ya'll be sportin'? Quality?

well both FROMASTAJ and i bought our HID kits from misterjung. the ballast are made by HELLA (i think their the same ones BMW'S use). as for the bulbs, i honestly have no clue, i should ask though. as for quality....well the beam is just right and the whole structure seems rather sturdy...although the 7000k kit isnt really all that violet, thats why i decided to go with the 7500k (blue) bulbs.

·
Registered
953 Posts
What color is the 7000K? I like the 7500K but was thinking not much lumes is coming out of those. So help a alti owner out. I think you could be able to put HID on your fogs. Its 9006 which is low beam bulbs. But if you just want a regular bulb in place of your 9006 try the NOKYA brand they are pretty good and give off a nice blue color and bright too. But not sure if it will match your HID kit. Most likely not but I think its pretty close. :p

·
Dont Bang My Compressors
321 Posts
iceman55508 said:
What color is the 7000K? I like the 7500K but was thinking not much lumes is coming out of those. So help a alti owner out. I think you could be able to put HID on your fogs. Its 9006 which is low beam bulbs. But if you just want a regular bulb in place of your 9006 try the NOKYA brand they are pretty good and give off a nice blue color and bright too. But not sure if it will match your HID kit. Most likely not but I think its pretty close. :p

you're right HID can be installed in the fogs (9006) but it will be a shit load bright. the 7000k are a bright white with just a light touch of violet, from misterjung. the 7000k kit has 2800 lumens and although the 7500k kit has the least lumens (2400) due to its color content (it incorporates a blue tinted bulb) but none the less its still about 80% brighter than the halogen bulbs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts