The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can i buy folatec paint? If on a Website does anyone have any links or in stores, which ones?

·
Registered
198 Posts
bad paint looks tacky go with an auto interior paint from dupont or ppg youll be much happier and its at your local auto paint shop.

~steve

·
6,859 Posts
alty96 said:
bad paint looks tacky go with an auto interior paint from dupont or ppg youll be much happier and its at your local auto paint shop.

~steve

yeah I don't know what you are talking about. I would have to say that Foliatec is the most recognized paint in the Import scene.

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
mrdeucie said:

yeah I don't know what you are talking about. I would have to say that Foliatec is the most recognized paint in the Import scene.
maybe, but the stuffi got was shitty. It was all faded from the day i put it on the tails.

If you want to paint your tails half red, use the transparent candy apple red Testors model paint from Wal-Mart for $3 a can. The folia tec shit is over $20 a can, and it sucks. I would sugges the Testors. vtec killer and i have used it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
not to rain on anyones parade but folia tech is not all its cracked up to be... if you want an oem style look in your interior then go with an interior dash paint. not some spray can crap. the paint i use and the paint that i have always used was dash paint. it sprays on using a spray gun hooked to a compressor. it looks like it is supposed to be there. trust me go with an interior dash paint. i can give a more in depth and detailed instructions on how to paint it step by step.

~steve

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
Alty96 - I did bodywork for 10 years but haven't been in the field for 7 years now. I want to paint some interior plastic pieces silver to match the '02 prototype car. What product/brand do you recommend?

·
11,384 Posts
I'm just gonna throw my opinion in here for the hell of it....I used Foliatec red lens paint on my clear tails, and I would have to say that they look much more like a stock red than the Testors painted tails. The Testors looks too bright....I think the Foliatec looks a lot better. But that's just my opinion.

I bought the Foliatec red and the clear coat, and I think the tails came out perfectly.

·
Registered
198 Posts
hey altimate, id go to my local auto store, or do some research to find out the color code of the prototype. if you cant find the exact color id bring a picture a picture of high color quality and the auto shop should be able to make a code for you.

then after you get the paint make sure its not a high gloss paint because it will look wet and "sticky". you want something with a shine but, looks like it came like that from the factory. if you want to prime its up to you, i never primed mine and ive yet to have a problem with scratching, for almost 3 years now.

make sure you sand the pieces with a scotch brite pad. you just wanna scuff them up. then pre clean them to get all the dirt and grease off it.

i dont know about your expierence with body work but ive always tested the plastic pieces with a piece of scotch tape. if it sticks then its ready for paint.

do a light coat, wait like 5 mins then apply a heavy coat. and done, perfect oem style pieces. i hope this helps anyone that want to stray away from a spray can.

~steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts