The Nissan Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've seen an altima on this website that had fold down rear seats and i would like someone to tell me how i could do that for my altima 94 gxe

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i can't remember if this is the one i saw but here take a look
http://www.audioaltima.com/1-main.html
then click on 1st gen then click on jimmy....and also crazy mikes. jimmys is a lil easier to see but crazy mikes is a lot cleaner

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what ru talking about the back rest?

·
Resistance is futile
5,820 Posts
icedkewl said:
what ru talking about the back rest?
No, I see what you mean - they didn't READ what went with the pics of Jimmy's 96. It does in fact say "custom fold down rear seat". Although the pic really looks like the seatback is just resting on the seat bottom.
Shouldnt be too hard - hinged at the bottom and a latch, or even just velcro, at the top. Maybe get donor hinges from a junkyard vehicle.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Here you go!!

Here is how to do it!! Real easy a 30 min. job!! Go in the trunk and take out the black cardboard looking thing out and you should see a metal shield with about 20 bolts holding it in. Take out all the bolts. Go in the cabin and undo the two bolts from the bottom seat. Take out the bottom portion of the seat. You will then see 2 bolts that hold the top portion in. Take those out now. Now you have to sort of pull up on the seat. Pull hard cuz it is on hangers and it is glued. When you have it out put the bottom portion back in. And they you have it. Now you can do a bunch of different things once the top part is out, but it is up to your imagination. I covered the ugly metal part with some cloth. And the top part I either take out all together or I just lay it down. You can't really attach a hinge to it because the way the seat is shaped. Unless you cut and did a re-uphoulster(sp?) job! But I think that is basically it!! It has been a long time...so I don't know how accurate the instructions are! Here is a pic of mine:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.