The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the 2nd gens have fold down seats? If so, how hard would it be to take the seats and put them in a 1st gen? I want fold down seats for my stereo (Getting an HCCA). any ideas?

·
N20 Whore
281 Posts
if u mean the 60/40 seats, then my 98 SE has them, not sure of other models, no idea if they would fit 1st gen??:confused:

·
Registered
62 Posts
my 98 gle has them i think that all 98 through 01 has them im sure and also the 02s i think that they all come with 60/40 fold downs just those first gens didnt which really pissed me off cuase of my stereo i know that now that i have my sec gen that it will shit loads louder im also known as 93altimawithenkies

·
was up
2,392 Posts
id say just keep the top half of the seat unbolted and you can take it off in 5 secs and lay it on top of the back seat. then if someone wants to sit back there just pop it back in (in 5 secs):confused:

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't like the idea of that seat flying at me if I have to stop quickly. ANd yes I do mean the 60/40 seats. Anybody have any pictures of the seats in and out of the car, plus the frame under the seats? I think I might attempt it if I can find someone wiht a 2nd gen willing to let me borrow their seats for a day to try it.

·
!!Official Per4mance!!
52 Posts
I've been wanting to get fold down seats for my first gen. too. If you find someone that lets you borrow then and it works, let me know and I will do it too, thanks...

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
in the 98-99 they were standard.
in the 2000+ I believe they may have been part of the "convenience" package, which isn't a convenience since you HAD to get the package to get stuff like AC and power whatever which was all standard in 98-99. either way the prices ended up being the same. Stupid Nissan.

I'm pretty sure it may have been an option for ya'll.

·
Resistance is futile
1,713 Posts
MikeV said:
I don't like the idea of that seat flying at me if I have to stop quickly. ANd yes I do mean the 60/40 seats. Anybody have any pictures of the seats in and out of the car, plus the frame under the seats? I think I might attempt it if I can find someone wiht a 2nd gen willing to let me borrow their seats for a day to try it.
You kinda hit on an important point, there. Even if you put fold down seats in a first gen, when you fold them down you will still only have a little bitty pass-thru in the middle of a large expanse of sheet metal.
You could cut the sheet metal out, but then you would have removed the reason why a rear strut brace is of no value on our cars, and weakened the chassis.
But if you turn the new system up, you'll never hear the struts flexing in the hard turns...

·
was up
2,392 Posts
it could be done. if you put hinges on the bottom of the top half of the seat and cut off the metal hooks on the top part of the seat the if would fold. then you ould have to get a latch/lock type deal for the top of it.

about the little passthru. i think you could take off the silver metal panel. it would prob widen te opening some, i dont know how much bigger. its not necessarily the size of the opening tho, cause right now you have a big foam wall blocking the sound. i think it would be a ton louder cause i was ridin around with my backseat out the other day and my exhaust sounded a ton louder

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, I have the metal plate out right now (was in an accident and needed access to my trunk so i took out the back seat and the metal plate and the stuff behind it). it looks like the opening does on a 2nd gen w/ the seats folded down. so I don't think they changed that much, and I think it could be possible with little to none fabrication. the bass hits MUCH harder without 2" of foam in the way now and a sheet metal plate. although I think I hear the struts flexing now (heard it before - but now its bad)

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: I pulled the back seat and the plate and the system is MUCH louder without the seat. but the fold down seats have to be stock for me to compete, so I need to swap them from one that has fold downs. anyone near rochester willing to spend a day to help me determine if it can be done? (need someone with fold downs)

·
<for hire>
1,016 Posts
is there any real function of that metal plate besides sound reduction/maybe a little bit of rigidty to the back seats?... i mean I had it out for a while and had people in my back seat with no problems at all, although I was concerned that my seats might cave in.. lol... that would have been funny..

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
assassin said:
is there any real function of that metal plate besides sound reduction/maybe a little bit of rigidty to the back seats?... i mean I had it out for a while and had people in my back seat with no problems at all, although I was concerned that my seats might cave in.. lol... that would have been funny..
thats what i said at first but it seems to serve no function

1 - 14 of 14 Posts