The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this the right forum, but it could be considered an aftermarket part.......

Does anyone know where to get those folding keys that the VWs come with? The switch-blade like key holder. Obviously with just a blank key to be cut.

·
Evil Honda Driver
970 Posts
they're for V dubs' and audi's some mercedes do as well

I'm against cross breeding myself.....

Nick

·
Old School
131 Posts
CJB_316 said:
Audi, VW and MB have them, they can not be used for altimas, well, they could, but it would cost sooooo much.
Euro-feature dude. It's not done on the Japanese cars (unless you want to change out the ignition switch and all locks). The blank of those keys probably can't even be cut for Nissan. Though minor to the naked eye, there are a lot of differences in thickness, width, etc. in different kinds of keys. You can't even cut Toyota blanks to Nissan specs, so that ought to tell you where you stand w/ euro. :D

·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, but I don't want to use their keys. I just want a spring-loaded holder that any key can be inserted into, or a slightly modified key.

Theres got to be someobdy out there that makes a generic one.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Appleman said:
And my Mom's Chrysler Minivan came with Infinity speakers, so I guess you are cross breeding there....:D
If you mean that Infintiy speakers are made by Nissan because Nissan makes Infiniti Automobiles, that’s not the case. Infinity is a company owned by Harmon International (once known as Harmon Kardon), founded by Dr. Sidney Harmon.

For further reading on Dr. Harmon, please refer to:
http://www.harman.com/profiles/index.jsp?articleId=30

·
Torqueless wonder...
737 Posts
if you have a honda you could get one that looks like a butterfly knife... but other than that don't see anything similar for any other japanese cars... also their keyless entry on the vdubs is on that remote/key holder...

·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kenshi

No, that's not what I mean. I'm just poking fun because AvusBlueM3 has an Inifinity sub in his Altima, and Infinity comes standard in a lot of Chryslers. I don't mean Infiniti the Nissan Luxury division.

·
Title beneath my name
173 Posts
I wanted one too!

I was thinking of just getting one and welding my key in place of the one that's on there. They are the same lenght so it should fit. Where can I take a look at that butterfly honda key?

·
from way way back
1,463 Posts
i thought o f doing this, and it would be possible to take the actual cut part of the key out and replacve it with a nissan one, but it would cost a lot, and then youd need to either find a way to convert the remote part of it, or lie with a set of dead remotes. oh and a blank Audi key is ~$230

·
Evil Honda Driver
970 Posts
Re: Kenshi

Appleman said:
No, that's not what I mean. I'm just poking fun because AvusBlueM3 has an Inifinity sub in his Altima, and Infinity comes standard in a lot of Chryslers. I don't mean Infiniti the Nissan Luxury division.
I really don't get how tha'ts poking fun at me, first of all your mom's speakers are stock, "factory" if you will. Not to mention most likely paper. read up on the beta series, and never ever compare my altima to your mom's friggin' minivan

·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok people. Take a joke. AvusBlueM3: I didn't compare your Altima to my Mom's minivan, I compared your speakers, which happen to made by the same company.

And....it is poking fun because you didn't want to cross breed your keys with a VW or Mercedes, yet you will cross breed your speakers with ones that are used in Chryslers. Just a reminder, I take breed to be the manufacturer, not the specific model. So obviously, or I would hope that yours are different models than the stock ones in a minivan.

And to all the people that commented on the thread, thanks. The only reason why I "poked fun" is because it gets a little tiring sometimes to read a thread where someone asks where to get something, and the entire thread is filled with whether or not it is a good idea. I didn't ask for opinions, I asked where to get them.

There done the rant.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.