The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last week my alty's rpm started to fluctuate going to 1000 down to 500 then goes back up but it does not go off and my clock tends to reset itself back to 12:00. I checked my batterie and its fine i raised the idle a little but still does the same, tom am going to check my plugs but am thinking that it might be a bad sensor. if anybody can give input on what can it i would really appreciate it.

·
Dirt Looks good Sideways
443 Posts
check your vacum line does it only do it will you are idled..not while driving

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
TSRacing2001 said:
I had corrosion and cleaned it but it still does it
Did you clean it with warm water?? If so do it again then dry it off really well and put some Vaseline (Petroleum Jelly) on both terminals. It prevents corrosion got that from the haynes manual and it does work. I've tried it before i got my optima red top battery. As for your car reseting check your alternator make sure the connections are nice and tight, same on the battery wires. later.

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Did you actually clean and scrape the inside of the terminal and the battery lug ?? ( i was burned on this exact thing with a customers car today !! )

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
Sucio said:
check your vacum line does it only do it will you are idled..not while driving
lol...i'd like to see someone try while driving...:D

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
SHAWN said:
Did you actually clean and scrape the inside of the terminal and the battery lug ?? ( i was burned on this exact thing with a customers car today !! )
i didn't, just used hot water and the rest of the method that i posted about before.

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
SHAWN said:

Ouch, I know how that is. Comebacks suck.

·
I Don't Drive An Altima
1,083 Posts
My friends CRX idled like that and he had a bad MAP sensor, check the connectin to that also.

·
Banned
117 Posts
Things responsible for idle speed:

Throtle position sensor TPS
Idle Air Control/Auxiliary Air Control (IAC/AAC) valve
Fast Idle Control Device (FICD)
Air Regulator

·
Deviate from the norm
132 Posts
Yeah, but if the clock keeps resetting, that definitely points to a battery/connection problem. The terminals are the most obvious place to start, but don't forget to check the battery cables themselves too. I had one get all corroded up inside the insulation where you couldn't see it one time. It was just slightly swollen in one area - and when you bent it there, you could hear it cracking/crunching. Nasty. New cables solved the problem. Check your ground wire too.

Good Luck,

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have the same problem with my clcok resetting! I have a brand new battery and I recently cleaned my connectors. I am pretty sure it's a ground problem of some sort. But not too sure where to start checking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts