The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anyone willing to part with a painted oem grill?
i am asking those that may have painted it and then decided to buy trenz or active tuning or something.
silver painted for my 02
and how much would you want for it.
thankx

·
Yankmy Member
715 Posts
Why don't you just pain your own? It only costs like 50 bucks.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wanna keep my original in case i dont like or paint cracks
I cant afford to spend 200 right now
other expenses
in any case if i had money i would get stillen grill

·
*Really New Member*
1,095 Posts
Newman said:
do any of you altima guys have a grill from www.jmsproductsinc.com ? they look nice and they're not too expensive. only $69.95

i have a home made grill that looks exactly like that but with a different mesh...only 30 bucks....:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
i had my grill painted black. its been painted for about 10 months. no cracking or chipping or anything. take it to a body shop and have them do it professionally. i had mine done for $48.

·
Yankmy Member
715 Posts
net.altima said:
I wanna keep my original in case i dont like or paint cracks
I cant afford to spend 200 right now
other expenses
in any case if i had money i would get stillen grill

I had the same worries. So I bought a spare OEM grill off of ebay for $40. It was brand new and still wrapped in plastic. Then had my original OEM painted now i have a spare just in case. But it has been 5 months and no problems.

·
NO LIFE POSTER
1,503 Posts
I painted mine about 4 months ago and have not had 1 problem. I used a silver metallic paint and did not like it so I went back over it with just a silver. Got the paint from Auto Zone. I also painted the accents in the doors, and the center concole. I left the trim around the radio below it and above it alone. I am going to redo the interior pieces with some titainum paint so it will look more factory.

Word of advise make sure the temp is above 60 degrees and paint lots of LIGHT coats, if it runs you are screwed and have to let it dry and sand it down. Its a very easy thing to do.

·
werd!
4,192 Posts
**my'02altima** said:
I had the same worries. So I bought a spare OEM grill off of ebay for $40. It was brand new and still wrapped in plastic. Then had my original OEM painted now i have a spare just in case. But it has been 5 months and no problems.
lol. dude, not to be a dick, but damn your sig has to be the ugliest chop i've seen in a while. :p

·
Registered
127 Posts
"have a home made grill that looks exactly like that but with a different mesh...only 30 bucks...."

Realy if so what did you make it from and where did you get the materials. Ive been thinking it would be to hard or was that just a funny...LOL...Ha ha ha??Any pics if so.

·
driven
1,110 Posts
02silver2.5l said:
I painted mine about 4 months ago and have not had 1 problem. I used a silver metallic paint and did not like it so I went back over it with just a silver. Got the paint from Auto Zone. I also painted the accents in the doors, and the center concole. I left the trim around the radio below it and above it alone. I am going to redo the interior pieces with some titainum paint so it will look more factory.

Word of advise make sure the temp is above 60 degrees and paint lots of LIGHT coats, if it runs you are screwed and have to let it dry and sand it down. Its a very easy thing to do.
did you put any sort of sealer on top of the paint?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts