The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you with the 'Tegra shorty shifter; what all did you leave on? My bf was putting it in, and was not able to fit all that plastic "socket" back on. The shifter wouldn't go back on with it on. So he ended up taking that ball/socket type washer off and just put the little rubber slip back over the ball part of the shifter. Are you supposed to put any of that stuff back on? Also, did you grease it with anything before putting it back on? We looked for some type of instructions from just any type of shorty shifter install on any type of car but didn't find any. How did you do it?
Any other info would be appreciated.

·
Hiiiigh Rollin!
233 Posts
yeah id really like to know how to do any of this too id like a short shifter!!! -Jon

·
788 Posts
I installed mine on Friday. You need to put the ball-cover-thingy with the two bolts on from the top, where the knob goes on. Do this after you've bolted everything on the bottom. You need this thing because that's where the pivot point is. The rubber gaskets stay, too, just as they were on the stock shifter. I used my finger and got the grease off my old one and put it all over the pivot ball area on the new shifter. You may want to get new grease if your old one was not shifting smoothly. It feels KICKASS!!! You may have to sit closer, though, since the position of the knob will be farther forward. If you're short, it may be a long reach. Good luck. If all else fails, go get a Haynes manual. I have one. ;)

Out.

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it's in. The shorty is in and feels good. I'm just looking for feedback on how everyone else who has it on feels about it and how they ended up putting it in. It feels alot tighter, and the throw from 1st to 2nd is the most noticeable. They are definately shorter throws.

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The thing i was specifically talking about was this thing that looks like "bearings" for like a bicycle neck....know what I mean..like a ring. He put the ball holder thing back on from the top, but it wouldn't sit down flush with this "bearings" looking thing on there, so we took it off, but moved the rubber sleave that goes over the ball and put it on the new shifter. We may need to grease it up more. Does yours feel totally smooth, or kinda choppy? Cuz a buddy has a shorty in a 5.0 and it's hard as hell.

S

·
0 Posts
dont know if this was ever posted.. but geta Cs shifter.. they are amazing. 200$, but amazing.

·
788 Posts
I got everything back on...and, yes, it feels like a Hurst in a Mustang. Really tight, firm, and direct. (Just like I like 'em ;))

Out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts