The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shit i was. i dunno what do do. i dont have the money for an AEM bypass. i was thinking about making some kind of shield or splash guard that sits above the filter...what's ya'll view on this

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
hell yea i was scared! but trust me. unless you drive through a flooded road, it wont mess your car up. you have to suck up a LOT of water to mess your motor up. plus, by getting an air bypass valve, your performance level will fall in between the cai and the wai.

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
i was terrified at first. But everything got to be ok. i live in FL where it rains every day in the summer. I just made sure and shifted at really low rpms.

But now, i have the aem bypass valve, and evything is all good. I'm a little reluctant to go and test it, but i'm hoping it will work if it's needed. I drive in the rain with a little more confidence now.

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well mine sits just above my foglight.

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
First off, I LOVE the color of you car! What is that called?

Second, look at where MY intake is.

I've driven in absolute downpours with water ponding on the highway at high speed. Zero trouble.

Full site for the CAI build is here:

http://members.home.net/kieran.dill/cai.htm

·
Registered
47 Posts
cai intake

I just put mine on not eve a month ago and it's been raining ever since,but I'm going to get a valve soon.Does anyone know or recomend a specific location? I would really appreciate the input.

·
Turbo S13
861 Posts
I was at first but my filter bearly gets wet it's going to be ok unless you drive in flood water up to your knees

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kierandill said:
First off, I LOVE the color of you car! What is that called?

Second, look at where MY intake is.

I've driven in absolute downpours with water ponding on the highway at high speed. Zero trouble.

Full site for the CAI build is here:

http://members.home.net/kieran.dill/cai.htm
thanx man, man my CAI is different from urs, i have an adapter bracket where the MAF is and then its all tubing down to the fender where my cone filter is. my filter is directly behind my foglight, but i still have the panel piece under tha car that protects it kinda

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts

·
was up
3,277 Posts
My filter sits almost where kierandills sits. you can barely see the bottom of my filter but its been there in some heavy rain and had no trouble yet. when its raining i just drive at low RPMs and without suckin up a lot of air.

·
THE BIG POLISH SUSG
1,404 Posts
i drove with mine on through the winter and all. It went through rain, snow all that. no problems at all!! To mes up the engine u would have to submerge the filter fully in water for good 20 second so it would generate enough sucktion to suck up the water.

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CryingFreeman said:
Siizzzoooo...

Did you cut and paste a spoiler on your Altima pic?

It doesn't look right?
nah man, its for real on there, its juss a REALLY REALLY bad pic, im gonna have new pics up tomorrow

1 - 15 of 15 Posts