The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking threw the june 2002 issue of super street the one with the engine swapping article and started thinging about how much it would cost to mod the alty and put the skyline RB26DETT in i figure after modding the back end to make it awd parts and labor maybe 40-50k man that would be one fast alty

·
many words, few of wisdom
1,214 Posts
40-50k, why not put that for a real skyline?

·
X Factor
546 Posts
For that kind of $$$$ you can buy a real sports car man. A used 98 Viper goes for about 30,000 or and NSX for 29,900 (what a 98 is going for on a local lot here)

·
JDM NCP31 & CZ4A
6,528 Posts
it's not about WHY...it's about...how many of u can dope that?...sure it might b a waste of money...but that alty would b one of a kind...unlike the import scene now a dayz...if one does it...by the nex show...a dozen car looks exactly the same...there's no more rarities in these shows...it's almost boring to go 2 shows...u can say u have a skyline...but how many can say i got a skyline under ma hood...think about that...

sure it might b a waste...if u don't have the money...but if u do...go for it....

FYI...don't start a flame war here...i'm just voicing ma opinion...peace...

·
they call me the butcher
3,184 Posts
na the 85k is for a legalized version of the r34 gtr
u can get one for cheap but importing one is the problem

·
Registered
77 Posts
yeah, i was wondering the same thing...

But how much is car it self? without legal or shipping fees?

·
many words, few of wisdom
1,214 Posts
local auto trader saids theres one for sale, 96 skyline most likely a R33 V-spec. don't know the cost but 714-558-7655. saids 400 hp

·
H.N.I.C.
3,488 Posts
why would u pay that much to swap an alty with parts from a Skyline wen u could prob import a Bluebird Attessa for $20k or less.....

:confused:

·
layin rubber on philly
950 Posts
dude that would be sick as sh*t. if i had that kind of alty i would only bring it out on rare occasions.

·
Dreamer
2,712 Posts
with 1100hps.....I am pretty sure the trannies gonna blow up b4 you go anywhere. Not to mention you'll be spinning your tires everytime you mesh the gas.....plus....what wast money dropping the rb26dett into an altima? With that kinda money i'll rather roll in a R34 skyline GTR Vspec....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts