The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone posted this before but I found another thing for our cars at Home Depot. I was walking through getting stuff for my trunk that I'm redoing, and found it by the spray paints. It's a multi-purpose rubber coating for like tools and stuff. Well, I picked it up and started reading it and it lists all these different uses. Sound deadening was one of them. I had to test it. I had an extra box from my old speakers, so I painted the stuff on and let it sit for like 4 hours to dry. Then I hooked them up, and My God, what a difference. I think I'm gonna do my whole trunk with it while I customize. If anyone has any questions about this stuff, let me know.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plasti Dip, it's made by Performix.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was like $3.50 a can. Your gonna have to decide how sound dead you want it though. I would recomend like 2-3 coats.

·
Resident Boost Junkie
3,045 Posts
How many cans will it take, cuz i got serious rattles from 2 Rockford Fosgate Power DVC's, and Rockford Fosgate Power 500a2, and it rattles reeeeaaaalllly bad !!!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where are your rattles coming from? Let me know and I'll tell ya what you can do

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
damm im going to the home depot soon!! good find bro!
-Smacko

·
Kawasaki Ownz
441 Posts
well i used rubberized undercoating (like for under cars etc...) on my trunk lid, and well when it dried it was just like paint so i basically just painted my lid black, i wonder if the plastic coat shit works better??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts