The Nissan Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped off my 02 3.5 at a local transmission shop for a rebuild & shift kit install. When the trans was removed, he noticed the rear main & upper oil pan were leaking. I asked him to fix while he was in there. When he dropped the lower oil pan he found a couple of parts, kinda looks like guide pins or something. Can anyone identify these?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, they were found in the lower oil pan of the engine. I figured while the trans was out of the car this would be the best time to address some of the hard to access oil leaks.

What on earth is a timken bearing?

·
2010 2.5 SL
588 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
looks like the pins that go into the timing covers to align them. Did you recently have the timing cover off?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've never taken the timing cover off. The deepest I've gone into this engine has been intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds, valve covers, & crank pulley.

Do you think it could have happened during assembly & been allowed to leave the factory like that?

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
No not really possible but.....you never know. Not saying i am right, its just what they look like to me. I have had this car just about all apart when modding. Come to think about it, dont stress....these are the dowels pins from the upper oil pan!!! Just thought about it! :) Used for aligning it for re installation. They just fit back in. your good.

Reactions: zerolimit4life

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
No worries.

·
Super Moderator
2,585 Posts
Big L to the rescue again. From now on, when Lawrence saves a member from heartache, I'm calling it Lescue.

That'll be my palindrome or euphanism or thesarus or whatever it is when you mash up two words and it is the same forward and backward and means the same thing whether you read it in English or Austrailian.

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
Lmao, uhm Chris, you THA man!!! lol
Big L to the rescue again. From now on, when Lawrence saves a member from heartache, I'm calling it Lescue.

That'll be my palindrome or euphanism or thesarus or whatever it is when you mash up two words and it is the same forward and backward and means the same thing whether you read it in English or Austrailian.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts