The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, especially those who live in big cities where cars get stolen often.

Easy way to disable fuel system - just pull the fuel pump fuse :D

Vuala, car doesn't start, noone knows what's going on...

It's thrid fuse down on the very right row in the fuse box. (15 amp - blue one).

Quick, free and effective way to protect.
I pull mine all the time, and if forget to stick it back in, car doesn't start...

Thought Id share this, as some people reported of attempts to still their vehicles.

Good luck

·
JDM NCP31 & CZ4A
6,528 Posts
thanx...now i'm sure all the thievs would kno what to do...things like this u keep to ur selves or PM/IM ppl bout it....

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
OMG you freakin tard!!! This doesn't work if the theives know about it! Will an admin please delete this post?

·
Banned
270 Posts
i don't think theives check message boards to find out the latest on "how to jack cars"...and they prob. can't afford internet

·
Like a Villain
3,765 Posts
yeah...unless there's someone on here who wants to really jack an altima. it's an ok idea, but wouldn it kinda be annoying to have to take it out and plug it back in everytime you go somewhere?

·
Hello my name is Distance
6,028 Posts
what person who steals a car carries around fuses anyways?

·
Deviate from the norm
132 Posts
I had a hidden switch in my '87 Mustang 5.0 'Vert that disabled the fuel pump. I never left anything valuable in it and never locked it - so nobody would cut my top to get in and find nothing.

Don't panic about letting this big secret :rolleyes: out of the bag. It's nothing new. Also, if someone wants your car bad enough, they can get it no matter what you do. Can you say rollback?

·
Team High Intenzity
308 Posts
Several of the stolen car stories I've heard were of a car getting towed away during the night.. I guess other people just thought it was being repossessed or something..

·
TopNotch MI Founder
1,659 Posts
cant tow my car away...:D

i park on the street w/ cars all around me... behind me is my neighbors car and in front is my moms so my car is snug in btw...

·
'96 Max SE loaded
1,307 Posts
PhantasmO said:
cant tow my car away...:D

i park on the street w/ cars all around me... behind me is my neighbors car and in front is my moms so my car is snug in btw...
unless two thieves need cars

·
Banned
3,695 Posts
or they will notice that there is another available fuse in the box that they don't need to drive the car sucessfully. or the spare fuse in the cabin. basically, all cars can be stolen if someone really wants it.

Story.

My friend's father who is a cop told me this story a few years ago. I don't know how much truth is to it, but this is what he told me.

I guess this guy had finally bought a brand new vette and it was his pride and joy and i guess he was very paranoid about it getting stolen. so he thought that he would just take a chain and chain the car to a tree. well after doing this for a few days, i guess a profession car theif saw it. the guy woke up the next morning, the car was turned around facing the oposite direction with a note stating "if i wanted to take your car you wouldn't be able to stop me" or something to that affect. I don't know if the vette had an alarm or anything, but i guess my friends dad new the guy and he told him what happened.

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
7,262 Posts
just tie a pitbull to each side of the car..............and hire a sniper to sit on ur roof...............:D

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
pulling the fuel pump relay is old news for me. I always do that when I got to leave the car at some insecure place for a long time, such as the airport. Along with the fuel pump relay, I flipped the breaker switch I installed by the battery to "off" possition. No, they won't even find a battery under the hood, it's on the other end of the car.

If the thief really want the car however, s/he'll get it. Having the exterior looking like a POS doesn't really help either, as they did stole my POS looking bike for a joy ride. those mother****ers..

·
Screamin' Seamin'
561 Posts
Phantasmo, obviously you haven't seen a tow truck up close. Most of the have hydralic lifts on the back. If your car is boxed in, they can insert rails and lift it up just like a frok lift, set it down and bye-bye. If someone wants your car bad enough the'll take it, simple as that.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts