The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Something Like A Pimp
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an HP racing muffler from my brother for free. So I'm probably putting it on next week. Muffler shop is doing my 2.25
mandrel pipe for $80. I already have a WAI so I wonder how much
more power I'll have with the muffler. It is straight through design very nice.:D

·
PrOuD To Be HaWaIiAn
3,416 Posts
always a good thing when you get stuff for free. i'm happy to say i got my apex dunk for $50. paid $180 for full 2 1/4 piping. what a mad deal i got.

·
Dirt Looks good Sideways
443 Posts
i dont really know on the amount of power but i do know what it should take off about .5 off on your E/T it did on mine.

oh and thats a great deal...thats about the price i paid..if you have no emissions in your state..i say take out the cat

·
Retired
1,021 Posts
You'll notice more power when accelerating in the mid-high RPM range. It probably won't change your low end acceleration

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
alti97 said:
i actually thought that u were givin away a free muffler. talk about misdirection
Everybody's always lookin' for free stuff... :rolleyes:

·
Something Like A Pimp
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everybody is saying take off the cat. Only thing is I have a 97 and
I don't want to have problems with the damn OBD 2. It's also so loud without the cat. Does it really make that much of a difference when the cat is removed. I figure with the muffler and mandrel pipe to the stock cat, I should be set. I remember reading that the cat on the altima is not restrictive enough to warrent removal.
Also, if I get the HotShot header it will complete the exhaust set up. What do you guys think?:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts